1994 SPX 657

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tima421

Hi there! Just picked up a Really really nice 1994 spx w like new shore lander trailer ! Bought it mostly for trailer . The guy said it idles but won’t rev up at all . It’s got 140+ compression. I just started messing around w it . I used the battery it came w ( guy said he just charged it & 1 year old ) I cranked the motor over for a few seconds & it started slowing down very fast . Though it was the battery ( junk !) so I got my brand new one & tried that with same results ! It seems like it’s building up so much pressure in cylinder it’s cranking over SUPER hard . Air pumps out exhaust port in back while cranking . Could this be the rotary valve way off ? Thanks for any help

It was !!! I put a shut off just above oil filter . I’ve been cranking & cranking & cranking . Oil is everywhere lol . I got to the point where I thought I could turn the gas on , put plugs in & try starting . But it still is building up soo much pressure it’s hard cranking even with new battery . Is there a better way to go about draining oil ? Other than taking apart motor ? Is that what’s causing the extreme pressure still in crankcase ? Thanks for any help

Remove that valve from the oil filter, that isn't where it is leaking and a really bad idea to have it there.

It is more than likely your inner crank seals leaking. If you do an oil valve it should be on the 12mm lines going into the side of the block.

The only way to fix the inner crank seals is to replace the entire crankshaft.

Oh ok ! I’ll fix that shut off ! & how do I get the rest of oil out of motor once I stop it from leaking in ? I don’t care about fixing the seal yet , just wanna get the oil out so I can at least start it up !

Crank it with your thumb over the spark plug hole. The pressure and vacuum will help bring it up to the top.

Also when you get the majority out a little gas down the carb might help it fire off.

If it is leaking in faster than you can get it out then you have a catastrophic seal failure and there is no point in getting it started.

Ok. That’s what I was doing w a rag on my thumb . It definitely helped suck it out ! Is this what’s mostly causing that extreme pressure when plugs are in ?

After trying & trying to get all oil out of cylinders.... I Finally got it to fire tonight ! Idles very rough while smoking up a storm . Keeps shutting off, Start up , idle , shut off , start up , idle , die , etc. it still seems like it has wicked pressure in cylinders & once u touch throttle in dies quicker . I guess I’m making progress ! Went thru 1 new fully charged battery in doing so . I checked one carb fuel filter ( the front one ) couldn’t figure out how to get the nuts off to get carbs loose ? Seems like a horrible design & soo tight of an area !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back