1994 SP 587/XP 717 Engine Swap, is it possible?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

realrippnn

Good afternoon fellow rippers! New to this forum... I have a 587 SP that lost compression. I have an XP 717 ski lined up to buy to do an engine swap, just trying to get as much info as I can on what I need to do it/ if it's even possible. The computer is bad on the 717 so hopefully thats not an issue, the pump is good and so is everything else. Thank you for your time!

Good afternoon fellow rippers! New to this forum... I have a 587 SP that lost compression. I have an XP 717 ski lined up to buy to do an engine swap, just trying to get as much info as I can on what I need to do it/ if it's even possible. The computer is bad on the 717 so hopefully thats not an issue, the pump is good and so is everything else. Thank you for your time!
SP is a 1994, not sure what year the xp is but I'm assuming 95 or 96

You would be much better off just building the 95 720 ski. Much better hull and everything.

Yes you can put the 717 in the old hull but you will still need the 717 electronics anyway.

You would be much better off just building the 95 720 ski. Much better hull and everything.

Yes you can put the 717 in the old hull but you will still need the 717 electronics anyway.
Thanks for the info! I don't know very much about these things, do the electronics include the computer? The 717 computer is bad and also very hard to find..

Yes, I don't think you can use a 580 cdi on a 720.

Have you tried contacting Westside Powersports Seadoo for a replacement MPEM?

No I haven't, but it looks like it's exactly what I need! When installing a new computer does it need to be programmed? If so, is there a special tool/system that I need to buy? Thank you!

Only if it has DESS. If your kill switch on the ski is just a button you push in then no programming necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back