1993 seadoo xp overheating?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxrider9239

hey guys never really thought about it too much but today i was getting a little worried lol, i started my day by getting my ski ready started right up beautfully took it out and rode it for a solid 30mins. i shut it off for a little to take a break and about ten minutes later got on and tried to start it and the overheat buzzer went off but it always turns off about 30 seconds after i start it (when im in the water). so i rode it for another 15 minutes and as i was riding i started to hear the buzzer slightly start to go off so i decided to go back home and give it a break. i went to flush it and unplugged the temp sensor so it wouldnt beep just so i can flush it for a minute or two, and for some reason the exhaust seemed to be hotter than normal and the cylinder walls were a little warmer too. just want to know what you guys think about this and if you might know what could cause this? :banghead: thanks for the help

how dirty is the water where you ride? is there a lot of debris/weeds? cooling system could be clogged somewhere, does the ski pee out the back like normal?

I would start disconnecting some of the hoses... and blowing them out with air. Any signs of blockage need addressed. Also... if you ride in sandy/muddy water... you could have filled the jugs and pipe with dirt.

ok and should i blow air through the hoses backwards or forwards? and do you have any suggestions on how to clean the jugs and pipe? or just take off the head cover and just did out dirt from between the walls?

Doesn't mater what way you blow thought them, since they will be disconnected.

If you feel brave enough to pop the head off... that will answer a bunch of questions. I've see engines that were clear, but once the head was off, the jugs were full of sand.

ok ill start slowly thanks for the help. and strizzo i live on long island and since the hurricane we just had the great south bay has been more dirty than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back