1993 seadoo explorer hypalon patch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmackerson

I hoping to get some guidance on patching hypalon . I have a 1993 seadoo explorer and was wonder if any one knew the best way to patch a couple minor pin hole leaks. Is there certain product anyone has had success with? Also what would be the best two cycle oil to run? Does it need to meet any certain specs . This is my first jet ski /boat don’t have a tone experience yet . Any help is appreciated , thanks !

For oil, I use the cheapest/walmart, FULLY SYNTHETIC 2 stroke oil, and even for sleds,,,

You really should be using what the seadoo spec calls for, API-TC rated oil, not TCW-3. It doesn't have to be synthetic for your particular engine.

Thanks for oil tips , I appreciate it . Any thoughts on the hypalon patch or glue ? Anyone have success with a certain type or brand .

I used Stabond to repair a leak in my Hypalon Avon jet boat, has lasted for years, just be sure to follow the instructions, boat has to be out of the water dry and do it on a low humidity day.

Stabond Adhesive | NRS
STABOND 2-PART ADHESIVE for inflatable boats Dinghy PVC HYPALON GLUE (8): Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

I also used this sealer on a PVC Zodiac boat with tiny pin holes, seemed to work
How to repair pinholes on leaky inflatable boats. | Polymarine Paints, Adhesives, Parts & Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back