1989 seadoo boggs down when throttle is applied

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jholtman1234

i have a 1989 seadoo thats been in storage for 5 years. I have changed Spark Plugs, Oil, gas and it started right up it sits idle for a few seconds and then goes straight to full throttle. then when you apply gas it almost kills the engine. doo you think its the carb or is it something wrong with the engine? im new to seadoo and i hope someone here can help with it! any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! p.s. the engine sounds great till it revs all the way up! and i have black fuel lines not grey!

96 seadoo

I have the same problem. I was using tcw3 oil because the marine store said it ws better, It seemed to be running fine but I only been out on it a few times and i only get up to full throttle a few time whil I'm out and for just a few minutes and I hadn't started it in nearly 3 months. It starts fine but boggs down on the throttle. New plugs, filter, lines and cleaned the carbs. still seems the same. I did find the little screen silters in the carbs too. everything looked pretty good. the only seedoo oil I could find, i mixed and siphened out the rest. Should I just get it on the water and run it through a little and see if that made the differenct. Help, I don't know what else to do. I bought the thing and only had three good days. I overhauled the engine and fix this, fix that. i sure like boating, but this is a pain. any other suggestions? maybe one of the cylinders isn't hetting enough spark?, but wouldn't that effect the idle?

I have the same problem. I was using tcw3 oil because the marine store said it ws better, It seemed to be running fine but I only been out on it a few times and i only get up to full throttle a few time whil I'm out and for just a few minutes and I hadn't started it in nearly 3 months. It starts fine but boggs down on the throttle. New plugs, filter, lines and cleaned the carbs. still seems the same. I did find the little screen silters in the carbs too. everything looked pretty good. the only seedoo oil I could find, i mixed and siphened out the rest. Should I just get it on the water and run it through a little and see if that made the differenct. Help, I don't know what else to do. I bought the thing and only had three good days. I overhauled the engine and fix this, fix that. i sure like boating, but this is a pain. any other suggestions? maybe one of the cylinders isn't hetting enough spark?, but wouldn't that effect the idle?

You should do a search on this forum about tcw3 in a rotax engine. You might be surprised what you learn. Warning if you do you may loose faith in the guys at the marine store who told you tcw3 was superior.

i have a 1989 seadoo thats been in storage for 5 years. I have changed Spark Plugs, Oil, gas and it started right up it sits idle for a few seconds and then goes straight to full throttle. then when you apply gas it almost kills the engine. doo you think its the carb or is it something wrong with the engine? im new to seadoo and i hope someone here can help with it! any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! p.s. the engine sounds great till it revs all the way up! and i have black fuel lines not grey!

I would clean the carbs wit B12 spray. Also clean the rave valves. With the ski sitting for 5 years it is very possible ( likely ) you have some dried up gunk in the carbss or a sticking rave valve.

96 seadoo

thanks, I think i've already lost faith in them.....I'll check the tcw3, but anyother suggestions, or it pretty much screwed.

Check the internal filters in the carbs, replace the gray fuel lines if you still have them, new plug, new fuel filter, clean fuel selector valve. If needed rebuild the carbs.

how do i go about taking the carb of to spray it down or can i do it with it attached to the engine? or just spray it down the tube??? i will wait till i hear a reply to move ahead!

i noticed today that if i barley hold the throttle it goes to full throttle and stays i have no idea what the heck is going on i have a feeling its the carbs but does this sound correct guys!

96 seadoo boat

I cleaned the carbs, screens included. New lines, new filter, siphened out tcw3 gas and put in new mix. Ran it for an hour on the intracostal and nothing has changed. any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back