150$ 650sx need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMachin0

DOO OR DIE
Premium Member
got this pile of crap on the weekend couldn't turn it down the motor has great comp but the wiring is a mess. I need a wiring diagram so I can repair it. someone took it upon them selves to cut the hell out of all the wires. I found what I think was the original reason someone gave up on I ther is a pinched wire in the box that burnt up from ther to the mag housing PLEASE NEED HELP. here are some pics and a list of mods that are on it "SCORE"

0degree bar
quick steer plate
finger throttle
ocean pro ride plate
skat trax impeller
west coast manifold
cofmans pipe
diff carb not sure looks jimmy rigged

IMG_20150118_162552.jpgIMG_20150118_162639.jpgIMG_20150118_162914.jpgIMG_20150118_211549.jpgIMG_20150118_162510.jpg

well I got it all together just waiting on the solenoid to come in the mail cost me 50 bucks so 200 in to her so far.IMG_20150124_140358.jpgIMG_20150124_225505.jpgIMG_20150125_134253.jpgIMG_20150125_134333.jpg
should have some good muddy river riding on this junker if I get it going

OMG!!! my first time having a 2stroke run away on me I got all the wiring together cranked it she had spark so just add fuel and oh baby she runs. The second time I started it I brap her to clear it and get the fuel going and BOOM she takes off full throttle just pined the stop button wouldn't work pulled the plug wires off still pined finally I pulled the fuel line and it died out when I told this to a buddy of mine he just starts laughing at me said it happens to his ski once in a wile and to just put my hand over the carb and choke it out WHAT A LEARNING EXPIRIENCE MY POOR EARS ARE STILL RINGING

My buddy had that happen on his x2 last year. That motor bay looks really nice good job. Ive been looking for something like this. I really want an x2 I rode one last summer and loved it. Well done.

OMG!!! my first time having a 2stroke run away on me I got all the wiring together cranked it she had spark so just add fuel and oh baby she runs. The second time I started it I brap her to clear it and get the fuel going and BOOM she takes off full throttle just pined the stop button wouldn't work pulled the plug wires off still pined finally I pulled the fuel line and it died out when I told this to a buddy of mine he just starts laughing at me said it happens to his ski once in a wile and to just put my hand over the carb and choke it out WHAT A LEARNING EXPIRIENCE MY POOR EARS ARE STILL RINGING

yeah, that happens a lot more on reed induction engines than it does on the rotary valve doo's. pull the choke, open throttle all the way, covor carb, turn of fuel, pretty much anything to upset the reaction.

My buddy had that happen on his x2 last year. That motor bay looks really nice good job. Ive been looking for something like this. I really want an x2 I rode one last summer and loved it. Well done.

To bad you weren't looking last year I had a pretty mint 92 I sold. If your interested in a 650sx send me a message I've got one that will be going for sale in spring but would sell it sooner

Those were the days. I wish I still had my 1989 650 SX. It looks like it has all the correct mods bu they kept the stupid Keihn carb. IF it were me I would find a super bn 38.
A run away ski is a scary thing. With any new 2 stroke I build i keep a jug of premix handy and the air cleaner top off. Makes it easy to flood a runaway.

No way I would yank a 38 Kehin carb off to put a 38 Mikuni carb on, the Kehin 38 will run just as well and it is easier to work on, now if you were putting on a bigger carb I would go with a 44 Mikuni SBN, that would be a mod worth doing.

just got back from cabo mmmm collage girls neck is sore. so before I left I got the run away problem fixed purple_people_eater got me on the right track was the reeds they were wore out and wouldn't close so she runs nice the carb that is on it is the bigger kehin not the original I have it turn key running rich just needs water to tune it up. with the 30 dollar ebay stickers total bill is 240 bucks and she is ready for summer thanks for the help guysIMG_20150219_191713.jpgIMG_20150219_191728.jpgstickers did a nice job covering all the thrash marks:thumbsup:

No way I would yank a 38 Kehin carb off to put a 38 Mikuni carb on, the Kehin 38 will run just as well and it is easier to work on, now if you were putting on a bigger carb I would go with a 44 Mikuni SBN, that would be a mod worth doing.

You are correct, I was thinking is still had the old 28mm Kehin from the factory.

so I have this beast running fairly good crisp throttle nice plug color well basically she is awesome but here is the catch I can only get about 20min of good ride time before it break/rips the rubber coupling on the u pipe going down first time it ripped out the bolt that pins it to the exaust manifold and ripped the coupling sure turned some heads riding to the launch with the hood off. second time it ripped the coupler with out the bolt coming out so this will be the third new/old 95 xp800 water box hose I keep cutting to replace it I have new wider hose clamps I hope dose the trick. has anyone herd of these Coffman pipes having this issue :banghead:

IMG_20150929_193731.jpg
thought I would update on the 650sx I got it working good rode it for the summer and ended up trading it for a 2004 skidoo mxz x 600ho sdi in September I had around 500 into the stand up and got a 3500 dollar sled bonus. also she looks good beside my x4 nice pare. unfair that the 600 makes 120hp and the 800 only 110hp stock anyone ever put a newer sled motor in a ski before?
IMG_20151009_085712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back