12v warning - GTX '06 4-Tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoanEnric

Hi all!

Would like to ask for some advice. I have a random 12v warning when starting into the water. Battery is new, the original Yuasa YB30CL-B and charged before changing the old one. Out of the water, it starts without any hesitation everytime I try and no warning at all. The engine cranks fast, but into the water, it's like the battery hasn't enough power to crank the engine with the same power that it does out of the water.

What can I test? Solenoid is new, I changed last summer.

I appreciate your help!
Thanks a lot!
Regards.

Test the battery for cold cranking amps, and make sure it's delivering what is on the sticker on the battery (CCA). You should have 360 CCA from that battery. If you are getting a 12v warning, that's the ski indicating you have insufficient battery voltage. If the voltage is low, charge the battery and retest for voltage and CCA.

If you want a killer battery, get one of these. The first one I ordered tested at 581 CCA; the second one tested at 681 CCA!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FF6QUA2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure if they'll ship to Spain.

Hi!

Thanks for the answer, and for the link. They don't ship to Spain.

So, I'm going to test the voltage. Battery is new, 3 weeks old. Could it be a regulator problem or stator?

Regards!

Even though the battery is new, it could be defective. Not sure how things are in Spain but see if there is a shop or auto store that can put a test on the battery and put it under load as well. That will rule out the battery and you can start looking elsewhere. You don't want to throw money in there for it to ultimately be what you thought was a good item. BTW, loved Barcelona when I was there back in 1997!

Even though the battery is new, it could be defective. Not sure how things are in Spain but see if there is a shop or auto store that can put a test on the battery and put it under load as well. That will rule out the battery and you can start looking elsewhere. You don't want to throw money in there for it to ultimately be what you thought was a good item. BTW, loved Barcelona when I was there back in 1997!

Hi! Thanks a lot for the advice! This weekend I'm going to test the battery.

Many years since 1997... sure you'll love this city again if you come back! :)

Regards

Hi! Just a little update.

Battery is ok, charging at 14v when rev, and also good CCA. So, next step is the starter...

Regards

Hi! Finally solved!

Bad connections from the starter. The starter was very dirt. Seems to work without any issue now, alarm warning has gone and the engine cranks really well.

Thanks a lot for all your tips!
Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back