1" Stainless steel tubing - Does anyone have 1 foot that they could spare?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

I need 2 pieces of 1"od SS tubing 6" long. The only thing I can find online is 6' piece and shipping is so expensive that it makes it stupid.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................

Maybe.

I know I have aluminum.

FYI.... your question about the short supports... mine measure 5" eye to eye.

Just checked.... all the stainless I have is big. I have aluminum that would work. (It's for Bimini tops)

How much weight does it need to support? Is it for your short "Transport" supports?

See.... This is how it works... I look and look (locally) and can't find anything shorter than 6'.
Then I post here and THEN I run into a friend that I haven't seen in years and they have an old bent piece of polished SS railing 7/8" thick which is what I should have been looking for all along.
Once again you guys are great at responding to those of us in need!
Thank you.

Yes Tony. I was just looking to make those supports. I cut them at 6" and they seem to work fine.
I now have some extra so if the added length causes a problem with the cover from Terri then I can trim them down.

if your tube is 6"... and then has the end caps... I'm going to say yes... it's going to keep the top from going all the way down.

BUT....

Then again.... the rear strap of my poppy cover goes under my hull by a couple inches... so maybe it will work. If you already made them... then try on the cover, and let us know.

Yup! I cut tube to 6" then the end caps. Too tall. So... If I'm doing the math right then my tubing need to be 4" long, then the space to the center of the eye would be approx 1/2" times 2 would then get me to 5" eye to eye.

Made them 5.5" eye to eye based on Dr Honda's recommendation.
Image1461380971.502119.jpg
329.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back