09 speedster - Winterize or Not?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillihide2

I purchased the 09 Speedster back in April so this would be the first time winterizing it. I was wondering if someone could post how to winterize this boat (its super charged) or what exactly I need to do if it will be stored in a climate controlled garage (garage under house). I really don't even know how to start the process and have never done anything like this before. I called several locations in my area (NYC) and they want close to $400 to winterize which I think is a little much.

Thank you all in advance for the help.

Adrienne

run a search for winterizing your boat in the forum there are alot of threads on it you can do it yourself and save the money if you live in the new york area i would suggest doing it thanks hope you find what you need

sorry just noticed you keep it inside like mine its up to you but i dont do anything to mine because i keep it inside execpt gas treatment like stabil and thats about it but i live in lower alabama so never really gets cold like new york

I seen tips for winterizing speedster boats but haven't seen anything for a 09 150 speedster 255hp.... I don't know how the boat differs from one year to the next ... Would the instructions for an 08 be the same for an 09? ....Do I even need to winterize if it will be in a climate controlled area?

little to new for me mines a two stroke but im sure some one on here will send you some help theyve always helped me :bigear:

The gas tank right now is almost full... The boat hasn't been used since July 4th weekend... Should I drain the gas and add new? What kind of stabilizer do you use?

Yes, mine is a 4 stoke... It is newer so I see less information about this particular model on the site. I am thinking the 08 and 09 procedures are very very similar if not the same but I want to be 100% before I start anything... Plus I dont want to go crazy winterizing if I really dont need to with the climate control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back