09 RXT IS Suspension

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhjesse

Owned this ski for 3 yrs now and have always rode with the suspension full up. It always feels top heavy to me as well as a little tippy.
Last weekend I rode with the suspension a little below half way up and it felt much better.
My question is will riding with little or no suspension do any damage to the suspension, or is it better to always ride with full suspension??

Won't damage anything in the suspension, it can travel below the bump stops so it won't take any hits. I don't suppose hitting the bump stops is good but doesn't sound like you're going that low. I have same machine, wish there was an 'off' button. When I tow kids on a tube I'm only doing 20mph and with a rear facing spotter it's pretty wallowy in the turns. Works great down in dock mode but of course every time you take off, up it goes, then hit button to drop it again.. Note too, as per the manual, there is 6" of travel total and ride height should be 4" up with 2" left. On mine the position sensor was pooched and thought it was still down in dock mode when up against it's upper limit (not good!!) Yours may be going and while not maxing out like mine it could be going a bit higher than it should.

Won't damage anything in the suspension, it can travel below the bump stops so it won't take any hits. I don't suppose hitting the bump stops is good but doesn't sound like you're going that low. I have same machine, wish there was an 'off' button. When I tow kids on a tube I'm only doing 20mph and with a rear facing spotter it's pretty wallowy in the turns. Works great down in dock mode but of course every time you take off, up it goes, then hit button to drop it again.. Note too, as per the manual, there is 6" of travel total and ride height should be 4" up with 2" left. On mine the position sensor was pooched and thought it was still down in dock mode when up against it's upper limit (not good!!) Yours may be going and while not maxing out like mine it could be going a bit higher than it should.

One of my two 2009 RXT-IS's is having suspension problems. It won't move up or down. I believe it may be a position sensor. Do you know what the part number is, and where the sensor is located on the ski?
Thanks
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back