09 rxt 255 is , low oil pressure P0254 followed by CEL and limp mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowMachine09rxt

Recently had A P0254 code run (low oil pressure) followed by a check engine light then right into limp mode , changed oil , oil filter and then the low oil pressure sensor. Will the ski automatically go out of limp mode? Should I run it for 30 on the boat ramp? What should be my next step?
Thanks guys!

Hi mate. I have the same ski as you, and a few weeks ago had a low oil pressure warning myself.
I changed the oil pressure switch under the intake manifold, and the low oil pressure warning went away.
If the fault code keeps appearing, it means the fault is persistent.

Having said that, are you sure the error you are getting is p0254? This error code means “Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control “A” High (Cam/Rotor/Injector)” and to be honest I’ve never heard of a Seadoo getting that error?

In fact this code in the automotive world (most odb codes used in Seadoo are shared with automotive world for consistency) is exclusive only to Diesel engines!

Dave

Thankyou Dave for the reply ! Yesterday the oil pressure code went away but a new one occurred p1615 and p1611 I think they are related to the throttle body? Went right into limp mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back