07 Wake Edition - Low Voltage - Severe Engine Vibration!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskokamarc

Hi Guys,

I just picked up my 2007 Seadoo Wake edition 215, and was hoping to have your input on a couple things that have happened. Just so you're aware when you guys give some very technical responses, I don't have any knowledge on the mechanics of PWC's… Ideally just looking for suggestions as to what the issue could be so when I call the dealer I have an idea about what I can point him towards.

The machine has 170 hours, just had the supercharger rebuilt by dealer and a new battery installed before he put it in the water for me, said he replaced the module unit and hence the hours displaying are only 13 for some reason (is that normal?) I started it and got a 12V low voltage reading (fault code P0562, I think). So that's one issue.

Next issue, I ran the machine hard for about 35 min as soon as he put it in the water (but I let it warm up), and it was fine. I pulled into the dock while the engine was on, (extremely shallow water, all sand and leaves/twigs). I went to take it for a ride again, and it started up normal, cruised out of the no wake zone applying minimal throttle (4-5mph) and everything seemed ok. As soon as I went to apply throttle to pick up, I noticed the RPM were getting high, and the machine wasn't picking up speed at all, and there was a severe vibration coming from the engine so I didn’t really want to apply much throttle. Slowly cruised at idle back into the dock, rocked it back and forth, stuck my hand in the gate area where the impeller was to check if anything was inside, but it seemed clear. I took it out again at the advice of my handy neighbor who said to just punch it. I took it back out, gave it a bit more throttle and it was vibrating but all of sudden it changed from the vibration, to completely normal, as if it was a car stuck with the ebrake on and then you released it (best comparison I could think of). Something may have been stuck in the pump from what I've read online already. It worked completely fine the rest of the day as I took people tubing and what not.

Like I said, I'm not really familiar with the machine, probably will ride it a few more times this summer, but my warranty is only for 30 days with the dealer so I would like to get it worked out ASAP. I will be riding it again this weekend and hope it doesn’t act up.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer me!

Marc

sounds like you had something stuck in the impeller and it did release itself when you took it back out. Don't have a PWC running in shallow water shouldn't be running in less than 3 feet of water ideally. As for the other stuff I don't really know, but if it is under warranty and throwing a code bring it back and get them to fix it.

sounds like you had something stuck in the impeller and it did release itself when you took it back out. Don't have a PWC running in shallow water shouldn't be running in less than 3 feet of water ideally. As for the other stuff I don't really know, but if it is under warranty and throwing a code bring it back and get them to fix it.

I'm hoping that's all it was, but I feel as though the engine struggling so much may indicate it was something more.

well, as I read it, you said after you took off the second time it vibrated but then it was completely normal for the rest of the day. That tells me something was stuck in there then got blown out. You can always climb under and make sure there are no deep scoring in the wear ring and the impeller blades aren't too beat up

well, as I read it, you said after you took off the second time it vibrated but then it was completely normal for the rest of the day. That tells me something was stuck in there then got blown out. You can always climb under and make sure there are no deep scoring in the wear ring and the impeller blades aren't too beat up

Is the replacement of the module unit something that is done when the supercharger is replaced? Why would it need to be replaced in your opinion? I just find it odd that they would reset the Hours on the machine.

no that's not a normal part of the supercharger rebuild. it sounds like they had a display issue or something and replaced the display with a used one that had 13 hours or something, I don't know much about that end of it.

no that's not a normal part of the supercharger rebuild. it sounds like they had a display issue or something and replaced the display with a used one that had 13 hours or something, I don't know much about that end of it.

Thanks for that. Seems right.

For the low battery fault code, what are the items that the dealer will likely look at? He did change the battery so it shouldn't be that.

I'm not sure. I am not too familiar with the electronics on these, I figured someone would have jumped in that had more experience. I know on cars sometimes codes set and must run some drive cycles to reset themselves if they are not reset with a scan tool. It's possible they didn't fully charge the battery before they installed it. If you have a charger you could disconnect the battery and put it on a slow charge for 8-10 hours and reconnect and see if that resets the code.

I had an identical problem on my 215 RXP last week when my gf pulled it in too shallow of water too quickly. Unfortunately mine didn't fall out but upon inspection when pulled out and on the trailer i found a rock lodged in the impeller not allowing it to spin under throttle creating the dreaded shake. Played Edward scissor hands with 2 screw drivers and almost gave up and was going to take it in when it finally popped loose. After a happy dance was running like a top again... the sc skis seem to pull things through the grate even easier compared to my wake 155 but all is well again. U should be gtg but i would inspect the impeller and wear ring

I had an identical problem on my 215 RXP last week when my gf pulled it in too shallow of water too quickly. Unfortunately mine didn't fall out but upon inspection when pulled out and on the trailer i found a rock lodged in the impeller not allowing it to spin under throttle creating the dreaded shake. Played Edward scissor hands with 2 screw drivers and almost gave up and was going to take it in when it finally popped loose. After a happy dance was running like a top again... the sc skis seem to pull things through the grate even easier compared to my wake 155 but all is well again. U should be gtg but i would inspect the impeller and wear ring
It was spinning, or your driveshaft would have been stripped. The vibration was due to the severe imbalance while it was spinning.

Seems like it was just something that was stuck inside like you guys said. Rode it hard for about 7 hours this weekend and no issues.

Still have the fault code P0562 showing up with the low battery sign flashing though.

It was spinning, or your driveshaft would have been stripped. The vibration was due to the severe imbalance while it was spinning.

So the SeaDoo went into the dealer this weekend and he just got back to me saying the battery was not holding a charge, so I'll have a new battery, and also that there was a corroded fuse housing, or something along those lines. Hopefully that's solves the issue and it's not the stator.

This is response to your other post that mikidy closed. my limited understanding is you will have a stator to create voltage, it is created as a/c power and the rectifier converts this to d/c voltage. So you will have both on your machine.

Last edited:
This is response to your other post that mikidy closed. my limited understanding is you will have a stator to create voltage, it is created as a/c power and the rectifier converter this to d/c voltage. So you will have both on your machine.
You are correct on the stator and regulator.

This is response to your other post that mikidy closed. my limited understanding is you will have a stator to create voltage, it is created as a/c power and the rectifier converts this to d/c voltage. So you will have both on your machine.

Thanks for the explanation.

So dealer called back and said that after replacing the battery the fault code was still showing up. They noticed quite a bit of corrosion on the charging circuit wire harness, as he put it, which comes out of the voltage regulator. I think they're going to replace the wiring harness? I'm a bit confused but he said they're covering the cost of whatever it is, so I'm being patient!

You are correct on the stator and regulator.

So after all this, the dealer said it was just an issue with the module unit, and that the battery and everything else was fine. I do know that they replaced the module unit before giving it to me because the hours were reading incredibly low, so it's believable, but I'm curious if they just flashed the code to go away and it's actually an issue with the stator/regulator...

Is it possible to get rid of fault codes while the issue remains?

Nonetheless, the machine seems to run fine and I want it back for the long weekend so I'm not complaining. Should it show up again, I'll just take it back.

Just providing an update in case anyone experiences something similar. So the story was that once the dealer swapped the battery as a first step, the module unit said the voltage was too high, so right away they thought it was something wrong with the module unit (which he showed me sits right ontop of the engine, under the plastic cover/shield that you can remove). Swapped in a new module unit and the codes went away. I drove it 5-6 hours this weekend and it didn't show up, so I guess it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back