07 GTX Std starting issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioc289

I have a 2007 gtx std that is having an intermittent issue "waking up" the ECU when I place the lanyard on the DESS post.
My first thought was that the DESS post and or lanyard were bad. I pinned out the wires from the DESS post at the connection under the front compartment and it ohms good per the service manual.
Next I tested the same wires from the DESS post but this time at the ECU and same thing, it ohms per the service manual(good).

With that being said here's exactly whats going.
I can place the lanyard on the dess post and the buzzer gives 2 beeps, fuel pump cycles, I press start and she fires up. And it may do so for the rest of the day.

Now at other times I walk out to the ski, place the lanyard on the DESS post and nothing at all will happen. No beep, no display, etc.
Keep in mind when this ski doesn't respond it is still getting signal to the ECU from the DESS post. (Verified by above mentioned procedure)

To get the ski to "wake up" I have to take the lanyard on and off of the dess post several times (sometimes twice sometimes for 10 minutes straight).

Once I get the ski to wake up (buzzer beeps, display comes on, ski will start) then I can remove and replace the lanyard as many times as I want as long as I don't wait more then 30-45 seconds between putting the lanyard back on the dess post. Basically if I let it go to sleep with the lanyard off its not guaranteed it will wake up and start.

Battery is at 12.7v and passes load test.
All connections have been cleaned with electronic cleaner and coated with electric grease.
All grounds have been sanded and coated with electric grease.
All fuses are good and also making a tight connection.
Starter solenoid is new (replaced for a different issue)

I do own candoo pro, had a code for exterior temp too low and nothing else.
Cluster is married.

And I'm stumped.

I think the ECU may be my issue but needed to run this by you guys first before spending that kind of money.

Help is greatly appreciated, hoping someone had a similar issues and can get me pointed in the right direction

I would try another post just because it is easy to do but I think you are correct that the ECU is have issues.

Thanks for the reply. Will splicing in a 4 wire post be okay? Or do I need to replace the entire post/buzzer/start stop since it's all tied to one harness?

There are 2 plugs under the hood going to the handle bars. 1 of the 2 is a 2 wire (I believe only one is used of those two wires) and the 2nd plug is a 6 wire. The 6 wire is the one with the DESS post along with wires from the start/stop and buzzer.

Since all 3 components tie into one plug on this model ski I can't just plug in a new dess post.

Here's a link to the system I am working with:
http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts...ke-2007-10-electrical-harness-2-assembly.html

Click "show diagram"

The terminals come right out of the connector with a terminal tool. Take the post terminals out and then plug in the terminals to the new post.

Definitely sounds like an ECU issue. Borrow an ECU from somebody local or you may have to just buy a used one.

I tried to find one local for the last month with no luck. I'm pretty sure as well that its the ECU, just not 100 percent and I hate throwing parts at stuff.
I called torxracing and they were even unsure (don't know if they just wanted me to buy one).

07 was the first year that SD did away with the MPEM and did a stand alone ECU to my understanding so its hard to find.

I am going go have the customer buy a reman and cross my fingers.

Thanks again for your time ski_d00

Just received ECU and installed. Hooked up the battery and nothing. I'm completly lost now and out 700 bucks. Any advice?

Are you sure the ECU is getting good power? I would put a separate 12v supply to the ECU directly. It may appear that the ECU has power but the connection is not good enough to carry enough current for the system to activate or wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back