06 gtx 4-tec rudder broken

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nastolus

So the left rudder on my seadoo cracked at the mounting point. Looks like the part is required for steering. (Obviously it’s part of the steering and will improve steering)
If removed will there be issues. I haven’t taken it off yet but I noticed that it’s letting water into the hull.
So if I remove the whole part on the left and seal the crack will it still work or do I have to wait for a replacement part.

I think your talking about one of the O.P.A.S paddles (off power assisted steering). People remove those and I think they make block off kits. I hated them on the rxp I breifly had.

It will change your low speed steering,,,but yes,,,D is right,,,they are nothing but future water leak troubles,,,blockoff kits are great,,,in the opas,,,the tube that the steering rod is inside of,,,crack letying water in,,,and the seal at the hose can also fail They are a pain to work on,,,to see if you like the steering without the paddles,,,just take them both off,,,and test it out,,,

I responded to a post on the OPAS tubes leaking with the information about the RIVA block off plates and instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back