'06 215 supercharged 4tec in sportster wont stay idling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wsmcp1

The motor tries to start and I can keep it running if I open up the throttle at the throttle body and it sounds healthy but when I get close to idle speed it just sounds rough and shuts off, this is the first time the motor has given me any problems, since you cant throttle up in neutral and it wont allow you to start it in gear it's difficult to diagnose. Could it just be flooded and will that resolve itself by just letting it sit for a while? Please HELP..Thanks

I doubt it will cure itself by sitting for a while. What lead up to this happening? It's possible that it has fouled plugs in it. I would change the plugs and see if it cures the problem. DCPR8E are the correct spark plugs it needs.

Karl

thanks for the reply, I'll try that, let you know what happens, is there any chance it's fuel system related,it seems so strange that it seems to run to full power(brought the boat on plane while turning up the throttle at the throttle body and it did not sound like it was missing or anything)but as soon as I'd let off close to idle it would just die,curious if you had any other thoughts also, thanks

the only thing i could think of that i did differently was trying to start it AS the trailer was being backed down into the lake(i was still moving backwards when i hit the switch) the boat had been sitting for only 4 days since last trip to lake and i fueled it(topped it off) going to lake today. NOTE: i just went outside after its been sitting about 4 hours and hit the starter and it fired up and sounded normal...weird but i'm relieved, my next question is though...did i mess anything up (waterpump particularly) by starting it without water? I'm used to more conventional outdrives where starting it without the muffs can immedietly damage the waterpump. But i thought i read some where it would not hurt anything for short runs on a seadoo as it works on a different principle...was not sure. i did only let it run at idle for about 10 seconds,THANKS for your help

I beleive in the 2006 Sportster 150 SC 4-tec, is a intercooling system meaning it has the same system as my 2008 200speedster. You can start it up for a few seconds...seadoo recomends 30 sec is good if your flushing your exhaust sustem. I run mine for about 20 sec. on each engine to flush out the stainless steel exhaust system as I run in salt water. It won't hurt if it is less than 30 sec. Let me know how you make out. If I can help any more give me a shout.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back