05 sportster cracking up!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Just bought the boat last saturday,only 7hrs on it,since then I replaced the marker lights and wiring on trailer,gas strut on drivers compartment and now I see the gelcoat cracking the whole width of the engine hood and the afore mentioned compartment:ack:
Although it doesn't look like the structure is cracked I'm a little peed off. Anything I can do to hide it? Anyone have reason it showed up now instead of when I bought it?:(

Is the tempature colder now then were it came from...if it is frozen it could have had water in the lid crack that expanded, when it froze.

Karl

Temperature

Hard to say Karl,I know it came up from Idaho earlier this month and the seller said it had ice hanging from the trailer wiring(thus breaking the wires)so it was cold somewhere along the way.The hood crack appeared Sunday and the storage comp. crack this morning.:confused:

A little water is all it would take with a temperature change to freezing to push the crack open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back