05 Speedster Intake Grate Ride Plate bolts & resealing?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli

I had a clog up so I removed the skidplate ordeal for the r/s engine (or tried). There is 6 Screws - 2 of them the heads stripped. Anyone have a part number for those if they're anything special? Can I run it with 4 of the 6 Screws in? Is there a ReSealing process I should do when I put it back on? Is there more to it than the 6 philips head screws or was that it (Its hanging on now by one stripped head screw).

EDIT: Apparently I'm referring to the "Ride Plate" ?! Its a Skid Plate & by no means a grate...

Many thanks in advance!

-Mak

Image1527637878.931155.jpg also, whatever this tierod ordeal is (trim I assume) should I have one on each engine? I have only a right side. Pointed out in photo on right by white sawzall blade (I’m on the app unfortunately instead of a desktop pc like an adult or I’d do better. Sorry guys)

View attachment 35466 also, whatever this tierod ordeal is (trim I assume) should I have one on each engine? I have only a right side. Pointed out in photo on right by white sawzall blade (I’m on the app unfortunately instead of a desktop pc like an adult or I’d do better. Sorry guys)

That moves your reverse buckets and there is only one control for that since the reverse buckets are connected together.

Couple of things here. 1st, it would be extremely helpful if people would post the year and model of their boat when asking for help. Yes, I see you have a speedster, but what year?

Also, in the the top right corner of this page there's a button that says "Sea Doo Parts". If you click here, you can pull up the parts schematics for your boat. You'd be surprised what you can find there.

Without knowing the year of your boat, I went with the 1st 200 speedster I could find (2009). See below for the bolt size:Speedster 200.jpg

Couple of things here. 1st, it would be extremely helpful if people would post the year and model of their boat when asking for help. Yes, I see you have a speedster, but what year?

Also, in the the top right corner of this page there's a button that says "Sea Doo Parts". If you click here, you can pull up the parts schematics for your boat. You'd be surprised what you can find there.

Without knowing the year of your boat, I went with the 1st 200 speedster I could find (2009). See below for the bolt size:View attachment 35476
Jpass = I put 05 Speedster in the title. Its the 370hp twin superchagd ordeal. Thank you again!

Diagram calls for loctite, but I'm sure any marine silicon or 3M 4200 would be fine. Here's a diagram on where to apply the sealant. Screw size is the same as I posted earlier.

pic1.jpg

View attachment 35466 also, whatever this tierod ordeal is (trim I assume) should I have one on each engine? I have only a right side. Pointed out in photo on right by white sawzall blade (I’m on the app unfortunately instead of a desktop pc like an adult or I’d do better. Sorry guys)

@makaveli Just a side note, from your picture, is your ladder not working? The starboard side pole is bent in a really weird and concerning way.

@makaveli Just a side note, from your picture, is your ladder not working? The starboard side pole is bent in a really weird and concerning way.
Anthony, My Ladder has no issues (well...yet lol). You made me triple check after pointing that out though! Both sides are straight....I'm kinda weirded out by that photo....Very odd!

Anthony, My Ladder has no issues (well...yet lol). You made me triple check after pointing that out though! Both sides are straight....I'm kinda weirded out by that photo....Very odd!
Haha well glad to know its alright, was just really confused on how that photo looked!! But if its got some sort of room to flex, you're good. I never looked that closely at mine but I never saw that before!

Haha well glad to know its alright, was just really confused on how that photo looked!! But if its got some sort of room to flex, you're good. I never looked that closely at mine but I never saw that before!
Anthony, I realized shortly after that the one side twists in place and that was what was going on. lol funny stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back