05 Speedster 200 310 HP - HARD START ON PORT ENGINE , DIES AT IDLE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carguyz

Hello everybody, thanks for taking your time to read my post and maybe help find a solution to my little issue.

I have a 2005 Speedster 200 310 HP that i bought it about 15 months ago and this year when i when i take it out it seems that the left port side engine does not want to stay running at cold idle so i keep having to crank it (up to 15 or 20 times) until its warm enough to raise the throttle and drive it around for 5 minutes or so and then it idles fine without shutting off. I have not had it serviced at all since purchasing it preowned (ofcourse, the guy I bought it from said it was just serviced). Runs pretty good after 5 or 10 minutes of driving around at higher RPMs to get her properly warmed up but its really annoying keep having to start it when its cold until it wants to stay running.

does this sound like a carb issue or just maybe a simple tune up would take care of this issue, thanks for you input guys

i believe it has around a 120 hours on it (bought it under a 100 and probably put 20 on it)

easy.....

Bump the idle 100 RPM, and open the low mix screw a 1/16th to 1/8th turn. (each carb)

I think this was a trick question... With an 05, wouldn't this be a multi-port fuel injected four stroke 4-Tec?

Dohh....

I guess I skimed too fast. But to my defense... what's this question doing in the 2-stroke section???

Well..... then you need to hook up a BUDS or CanDooPro, and see what's out of range.

So, I hear these motors have an Idle Air Control Valve. This valve on ford cars is notorious for clogging with carbon and becoming sticky, which then removes the engine's ability to regulate it's idle. It's a total shot in the dark on my part, but you are not going to get much more from the 2 stroke forum it appears. Definitely inquire in the right forum for more folks with the same engine to have a chance to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back