05 Scic Sportster Running Rough

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

05SPORTSTERSCIC

Hello,

I am a newbie here on the site. I bought an 05 scic sportster at the beginning of the season. I took it out when I bought it & ran it for about 4hrs. The boat was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today the second time in the water, boat started right up & i started out of the launch ramp. I noticed the engine was running very rough. It was sputtering. I shut it down & check in the engine compartment for anything obvious. Then It would not restart. I loaded it back on the trailer. After I got it loaded I tried the engine & it started right up but it runs very rough. Two plugs were a little wet & all cylinders have spark. I am going to do a comp. test!!!!!!

Any Ideas????????

compression is ok

I did a compression test. 128psi in all cylinders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the test I started the engine & disconnected the coils 1 at a time. The 1st cylinder had no change.

I am going to replace the plugs.

I have turned the battery on several times to listen to the radio. Could I have fauled the plugs doing this?????

Ok, this is the second time you've ran the boat since you bought it? Did you buy it new? Just trying to figure this out before I go on to possible issues.

This was the second time I ran the boat. Boat has only been in the water 2 times by the original owner. He estimated 6 hrs. I ran it for 2.5 hrs. The next time I went out the plugs were fouled. I think it was turning the battery switch on & off several times without starting the boat. If you turn on the battery switch you here the fuel pump & injectors engage.

After the new plugs it runs smooth again. I hope the problem is solved I will put it in the water this weekend.

Good luck to you and keep us posted. Some times plugs will foul after long periods of non-use when there is oil build up on them, which may have been your problem if the boat runs well after a change.

Be sure to follow up and let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back