'05 Islandia need advice on replacement parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macro76

Hey guys this is my first post. I just started redoing my seats so I'm trying to do as much as economically possible.…
Well I'll start with a replacement porta potty, cooler, gps, radio and speakers(I did buy a clarion CMD8)side curtains(if possibly), fresh water pump, bilge pump, rocker switch cover or icon stickers, cup holders, led replacement for all/most lighting, head lamp upgrade
I'm also looking to change out my gauges and paint/refurbished the gauge housing.im a newbie to boating and to this boat so any suggestions or comments are appreciated. I'm sure I have tons more I wanna ask but I don't want my wife to see the list I already started.…on a side note I designed and built a egg-shaped platform from composite decking that drops in the kiddy pool to make a even walking surface in the boat. I seem to have more drunk adults almost tripping then young children wanting to use it and I'll post pics of it and my progress

Sounds like a fun project. Your boat should have a newer motor with the electric oil pump. If so, you should be good to go. If not, Id switch to premix immediately

After reading my post I noticed that it looked kind of needy and as if I didn't do the research myself but I have for example I noticed a few people have use the Faria gauges and just wanted to see the ones that worked out best also I've seen stainless steel cup holders on eBay and wondering if anybody has used them or have a better alternative also a porta potty that would fit in the space properly I would hate to buy one and it not fit. I'm sure that the cooler is sold somewhere it would be nice to have all or most of the OEM parts or close to it. I think that the boat looks really cool at night with all the lights on and just wondering if anyone has change them to LEDs or did upgrade on the headlights. I like a sub woofer that I seen installed on the face of bathroom door. I also seen someone who has redesign the instrument cluster with his own cut out, very cool. I will tackle pretty much any cosmetic job on the boat or swapping out for upgrades even some custom work so I could use a few pointers and a little direction

Fresh water pump flowjet 40 psi
9 Cup holders
Faria gauges
Bilge pump rulemate 1100
Rule 1000 pond
4 6-1/2" speakers
Contura II Switches
Stickers from dr Honda
Porta potty?
Cooler?
I can't seem to find these couple items

This is the cover deck I made for the kiddy pool. I think I want to do the front 2 steps in the same material I'll post pics of my progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 64
Yeti 35 fits mine. I removed the trash receptacle and moved cooler out.

Last edited:
I used these for my 2007 islandia. If the holes are similar they should probably work the same without having to modify the existing cutouts. Only issue with these speakers was having to run a separate wire for the LEDs. I initially was only going to connect the speakers but then my OCD kicked in and I had to wire the LEDs in to the stereo power switch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4902QG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
My 2007 seadoo islandia that I bought used came with a manual for the porta potty. The part # on seadoo website for the 2005 and 2007 seadoo islandia is the same. So assuming I have the original manual and porta poittie it appears it's a sanipottie 964 (960 series). Company has changed hands a few times so you can search for sanipottie, sealand or dometic.

962/966 - no hold down brackets, holding tank is 2.8 or 5.0
964/965 - hold down bracket included, holding tank is 2.8 or 5.0
The MSD models look to be for states and parts of Canada that require the porta pottie to be permanently installed.

My boat has the 964 with the 2.8 gallon tank. It's a bit low and i'm only 5'6". If you were to buy one I would go with the 966 or 965 models for the little extra height.

I've attached a copy of the manual that came with my boat.

Attachments

• Dometic_SaniPottie_960_series.pdf
    433 KB · Views: 16
Part numbers on the coolers between a 2007 and 2005 islandia are different. But here is the info on the one for the 2007 in case it works for you.
It's a 48 quart igloo cooler 4890573 (see pix of what came with my boat). I assume this is OEM since it's a perfect fit. I did buy the boat used so they could have changed it out.
I couldn't find that model number anywhere but did find something that looks very similar if not identical by searching for igloo legend 48 quart or marine ultra 48.
They also have the eyelet loop near handle for the tie down bungee cord.

This one looks pretty much identical except for the padding on the handles?
Igloo Marine Ultra 48 Quart Cooler

No padding on handle
https://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Marine-48-Qt-Cooler/dp/B001HBKLLY

Padding on handle and extra bar on handle.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/IGLOO-MA...75035&wl11=online&wl12=32930800&wl13=&veh=sem

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
New seats installed. Putting them on is just as much a PITA as taking them off.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back