04 utopia speed sensor wiring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

grr02

Hi all, I have a 04 utopia 185 with the speedometer not working. I have checked the fuse and confirmed it not blown, I also confirmed this because my tach and fuel gauges work fine. I troubleshot the wires running from the fuse and reading was fine but the wires from the speed sensor was not reading anything. So long story short I bought a new speed sensor. The problem I am having is that the speed sensor looks exactly the same with the exception that the new sensor has three wires instead of 2 like my original. I hooked up the sensor based on the existing wires BLack/orange and purple/yellow and left the orange/yellow wire disconnected. Once I have connected the two wires I get a reading with my meter but when I turn the power on and spin the wheel sensor my speedometer still didn't work. Can you please tell me if I need to connect the extra wire somewhere? Base on the company I ordered the part from it should work and it is the correct sensor for my boat. Please help. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back