04 GTX Supercharged Beeps while jumping wake???????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chelmick55

Hi my 04 GTX Supercharged is making a loud long beep whenever I jump a wake or break out of the water. It has never done this before.... Before this season I had the supercharger rebuilt, changed the grease in the cone of the Jet drive, and replaced the battery. I can't figure out why it beeps now every time the ski comes out of the water?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

I just referenced my manual, while not the same ski there is a 2 second beep to indicate the watercraft is upside down, like you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Could the airborne ski falling back to the water be tripping this alarm?

My two cents.

Another possibility would be that the exhaust temp sensor getting hot when out of the water, though I don't know it would get hot enough that fast.

I just referenced my manual, while not the same ski there is a 2 second beep to indicate the watercraft is upside down, like you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Could the airborne ski falling back to the water be tripping this alarm?

My two cents.

Interesting point, I wonder if that could be it...

My gut says you have an oil pressure sensor going. When the rear one went bad on the 02 GTX I work on, it would sound mainly when first throttling up and the front of the doo would pitch up or when going over a wake. Then eventually it would sound more frequently and finally give me an "oil" warning.

When your craft leaves the water there is suddenly less drag on the impeller and it will rev up quick. The rpm change and increase on the oil pressure sensor can mess with it if it's going bad. Try letting off the throttle completely right before you crest the wake. Won't make for a fun ride but just to see if it still gives the warning light/beep.

My gut says you have an oil pressure sensor going. When the rear one went bad on the 02 GTX I work on, it would sound mainly when first throttling up and the front of the doo would pitch up or when going over a wake. Then eventually it would sound more frequently and finally give me an "oil" warning.

When your craft leaves the water there is suddenly less drag on the impeller and it will rev up quick. The rpm change and increase on the oil pressure sensor can mess with it if it's going bad. Try letting off the throttle completely right before you crest the wake. Won't make for a fun ride but just to see if it still gives the warning light/beep.

Thanks I appreciate your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back