03 GTI Resto - Fuel Tank & More

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am on my way to finishing up on the 2003 GTI RFI an just noticed the rivets on the fuel tank strap clips corroded and the clip came off. So what I have are 2 dangling straps that don't hold anything. :) Any creative ideas to addressing this issue. I'm not pulling the fuel tank, no way. It would be cool if somebody made a super strong epoxy that I could get in there more easily but since I gotta pump the fuel out of the tank anyway I'm gonna try to move the tank to the side enough to re-rivet at least one of the strap clips. I'll post a few pictures of the ski and progress.... Help is appreciated.

2003 GTI 787 Engine Install (4).JPEG2003 GTI RFI BJ (3).JPEG

Remove the fuel tank and re revit. If you're unwilling to remove the fuel tank like you say then good luck.

That thing looks brand new Gene!
Please tell me that isn't blue oil in the injection lines?

Miki.....You have a keen eye my man !! No, it isn't blue oil but somebody was using blue oil. It is now the API-TC purple stuff, Mystik. I bought the ski with a bad engine so, going back with a good one. :) This is a good looking ski. I just had the seat redone by a local guy that is very reasonable on cost and he shares our passion for perfection. :D

Well... it wasn't all that bad. I dang sure wasn't pulling the tank, I didn't want to disconnect the oil tank, I didn't want to move the MPEM mount and all that so I fought it. I was able to get in there but it was rough. LOL Not too bad though. I had a right angle air drill which was indispensable for this job. Pulling on the rivet gun handle was KILLA but they are both in there and werkin !! Strapped up tight and good.2003 GTI Fuel Tank (2).JPEG2003 GTI Fuel Tank (3).JPEG2003 GTI Fuel Tank (5).JPEG

Since this is fuel tank related I'll post my progress on this thread. :) My fuel pump and regulator from Ebay arrived today so I mounted it all up in the canister, cleaned the tank, and assembled everything. Looks good. Hopefully the pump and regulator will be on spec for performance with the RFI. If everything works out I'll post up what I bought. This girl is almost ready for the water.787 RFI Fuel System (1).JPEG

Hopefully the pump and regulator will be on spec for performance with the RFI

Probably won't be, I could swear I've seen advice to stick to OEM many times from people that have tried aftermarket. Kinda like the starters...

Last edited:
Well testing looks good on the fuel pump and regulator I got from ebay.

NOTE** I have previously purchased a regulator from a vendor on Amazon that was supposedly for this model Seadoo but the pressure was incorrect (48psi). The vendor said they had no way of knowing the pressure of the regulators they sold. **

Prospects were bleak and I didn't need the set up till now. I saw the name Bosch and decided to give it a shot. Pump Pressure meets specs and the regulator is holding decent pressure (above 50PSI and may improve). I've had RFI skis run well and after testing find that the regulator did not hold pressure (leak down to 10 PSI in about 30 seconds). So..... performance drop off was not noticeable even with the regulator not functioning properly.

Found this one EBAY for around $95. The price kinda worried me a bit.... too cheap for the good stuff. :) But it worked !!! Yay !! :)

Bosch Herko Fuel Pump Regulator Strainer for JETSKI SEADOO-KIT2

Touchdowns Everyone !! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back