02 seadoo rx maintance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

harryjt

hello everyone
I am a new member to the forum. I just picked up a 02 rx with 75 hours on it. compression is spot on at 135 . The seller claimed that it has always been dealer serviced. I have never owned any other pwc , but i have alot of experience doing my own maintenance on my mercruiser IO. so i want to start with a baseline on the maintenance on this machine. I am planning on pulling the rave valves and cleaning them. do i need to order any of the o rings when i do this job ? the next thing that i want to do is replace the oil injection system filter. it looks like i need to remove the exhaust pipe to reach the filter and purge the air from the oil pump. do i need to replace any of the gaskets on the pipe,and do i need that special wrench to reach the bolts. thank you for your help and let me know if there is anything else i should do . the fuel lines have already been replaced from the factory grey lines

Don't remove the pipe unless it is absolutely necessary.
1. Remove the carbs and rebuild them with only Genuine Mikuni kits and needle and seats.(make sure accelerator pump is squirting)
2. Replace the small 3/32" oil injection lines from the oil pump to the intake manifold.
3. Replace the oil injection filter.
4. Verify the oil is only API-TC full synthetic. If it is blue or green it is wrong.
5. Replace the ON/OFF valve. I have had good luck with OEM and WSM. Avoid the chinese junk ones.
6. Change the counter balancer oil.
7. Clean the fuel strainer and replace the square o-ring.
8. Change the pump oil.
9. Inspect the wear ring and impeller.
10. Replace the VTS rod boot.
11. Inspect the carbon seal.
12. Give the PTO grease fitting a pump of grease.

I think that is it?

So I checked the 2 stroke oil. It is a nice honey brown so I hope that it is the correct oil since it is filled to the top. I also checked the wear ring and the prop. It looks like new the seller showed me a receipt for last year when it was replaced by the dealer. The fuel filter was replaced by the dealer at the end of last years season. I checked the vts boot it looks like new and is still very soft . I am not sure what to do with the oil filter. I can barley get my hand on it around the exhaust pipe. Unless somebody has a tip on getting to it I think I have to take the exhaust out. Do you think the cards need rebuilding. The machine has never sat for a complete season the previous owner said he always ran it for at least a few hours a season. It seems to run smooth on a hose but it is too cold here in ny plus I would need a saw to access the water.

I think the xps oil was a greenish blue color. I havent used it in many years since i premix everything. Honey brown might be amsoil interceptor? Simce its a new to you ski, probably good idea to go through carbs. I enjoy going through my carbs every other year just to make sure i dont have problems. I dont rebuild every other year but atleast a good cleaning since i dont ride but 5 hrs a year and most of that is in the ocean

The Amsoil interceptor and the older Seadoo XPS was honey brown. The new XPS is red. It’s probably fine.
If it was mine I would go through the carbs.

Sounds good. I’ll pull the carbs apart and rebuild them. Is there a good site to order factory parts. I don’t want to end up with the Chinese junk.

i am getting ready to pull the carbs and rebuild them and i noticed a disconnected line in the bilge. i follwed it back to a check valve that leads to the rub rail right next to the cooling system pee. its not the fuel tank vent because that is on the other side near the fuel selector. it is possible to the carbs for a bowl vent ?

No. It’s probably the battery vent for flooded cell batteries. It is not a carb vent as there is no bowl, they are diagram carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back