02 GTI Carb settings

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
Pulled apart the Carb on my 02 GTI 717 (Single Carb w/accel pump) for a quick cleaning. looked like someone had been in there before, so no idea if I can trust where it was set. High speed screw was all the way seated (0 turns) and plastic restrictor cap was on.

That didn’t seem right to me, never adjusted a carb to 0 on the high side. Service manual is no help as it says to just adjust within the limits of the restrictor cap…. Duuhhh… no base adjustment spec for the high side.

Brand new top end, standard bore, stock ski as far as I can tell. Running oil pump with splash of premix for peace of mind. What should I set the high speed mixture screw to as a good baseline?

Also, any break in recommendations for new pistons, cylinders, rotary valve and cover? Thanks in advance, been a long road with this ski, just looking to get the little details right so I don’t burn up the money I just put in.

My 2005 GTIs specified "0" on the high speed adjustment.
SBT produced a list of carb settings for SeaDoos 1989 - 2005 / see attached.

Attachments

• Carb -Mukini Stock Carb Settings for SeaDoo.pdf
    198.5 KB · Views: 8
Break in you want heat cycles.
First tank gets 50:1 premix added.
First 1/2 tank don’t go over 1/3 throttle, varying the throttle the entire time and after 15 minutes let it cool down completely and repeat over and over. Next 1/2 tank up to 1/2 throttle.

Next full tank no premix and first 1/2 tank you can go to 3/4 throttle still doing cool down cycles. Last 1/2 you can go full throttle but do not hold it wide open.

Your done and it should have years of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back