01 Seadoo RXDI fuel pump spring and adaptor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czvas

Evening everyone.
I purchased a 01 Seadoo RXDI during the winter with a no start. So I’ve checked compression, air pressure and fuel pressure and everything has led me to the fuel pump.

My question is soon taking the pump apart, I realized someone’s been in here and has removed the spring and the adaptor that is supposed to be there.
Does that spring and adaptor need to be there or just use a fuel line connect it to the pump and the housing.
1st picture - what came out
2nd picture - the pump that you would usually thread the adaptor and spring on
3rd picture - reference picture of what’s missing

Attachments

• B4F63B2F-5FE3-4B60-BD0B-FC172482996B.jpeg
    B4F63B2F-5FE3-4B60-BD0B-FC172482996B.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 8FABC060-B94B-4819-97D7-7BDC89A86742.jpeg
    8FABC060-B94B-4819-97D7-7BDC89A86742.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 964C1FBA-7B9E-449A-AAD7-36D9A61A9502.png
    964C1FBA-7B9E-449A-AAD7-36D9A61A9502.png
    788.2 KB · Views: 13
That is an aftermarket pump. Very mixed opinions on those. The OEM housing has to be modified to make them work, as you see. Some say they work, some say they dont last. Yours apparently did not. When mine died, I bought an OEM pump from Westsidepowersports.com. It wasn't cheap, but it works.

As I recall, the purpose of the spring is to make sure the pump is sitting at the very bottom of the tank. The tanks are flexible and not all dimensionally identical, so the OEM pump allow for variance and had a seal that allowed for the pump to slide up and down on a shaft.

That is an aftermarket pump. Very mixed opinions on those. The OEM housing has to be modified to make them work, as you see. Some say they work, some say they dont last. Yours apparently did not. When mine died, I bought an OEM pump from Westsidepowersports.com. It wasn't cheap, but it works.

As I recall, the purpose of the spring is to make sure the pump is sitting at the very bottom of the tank. The tanks are flexible and not all dimensionally identical, so the OEM pump allow for variance and had a seal that allowed for the pump to slide up and down on a shaft.
Ok. Thank you. I shall look into that website and see what they have. I’m in Canada so nothing a easy and quick to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back