RESTO 01 seadoo gtx rfi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up two skis. The gtx is fuel injected and i have a couple of issues.
First. Got it running and it is very dependable so far. Starts every time and runs well. Only major running issue is when i am full throttle and water is choppy i will hit a wake and the rpm’s go up and seems to be hitting a rev limit. Loses power and when back in the water it will accelerate like normal until i hit another wake and process starts all over again. It gets aggravating in choppy water though.
I have replaced the carbon ring and clearance is normal. I’ve also replaced bearings in the housing and it spins freely. Any ideas?

Second: the digital display does not work. The original one i tried replacing the lcd film but it still wouldn’t display. So i bought a used one. Plugged it in and it worked but lcd film needed to be replaced so i did that and now it doesn’t work. Bought a third one and same thing. I am getting power to the display. I said screw it and left it alone but from time to time you can see some numbers appear on the screen but they are very faint. Not a huge deal but i like my things to work as they are supposed to. Also the speedo jiggles but i think that’s because the wheel on the back is sticking. I will replace that next but not worried about that. I would like to know if anyone else is having the same issues and how they fixed it.

Mike

Check your impeller wear ring clearance.

As for the Gauges, download the manual and print out a wiring diagram and check voltage to the gauges from the MPEM with the key on. You should have 2 volts if you don't that needs to be remedied.

For the gauges you can power them up externally to test. They will need to be connected to one another. Apply voltage to the proper wires and see what happens. On some INFO gauges you have to supply and additional 12v source to the red wire in addition to the positive and negative going into the speedometer. Take your time and be careful. Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back