01 RX bogging @ 2500 RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rolex101

I obtained a 01 RX that had been sitting for about 3 years. It was missing the carbs and head pipe after it put new carbs and head pipe on I took it out for a spin. It's a little difficult to start the first time but after that I don't have any issues. It runs fine until about 2500 RPMs then I have to let off the gas. Every so often I am able to get it passed 2500 RPMs and it will run fine as long as I stay over 2500 once I go back down under 2500 it starts all over. I drained the gas and added new gas and oil. Maybe I just need to run it since it hasn't been ran in 3 years?

Does it have the same problem out of the water? I would try a few tests on it first. Since it's carb'd, the carbs are probably dirty. What I find works well in a pinch, it to blow compressed air in through the fuel intake port, on the carbs to blow out all of the old gas, and any particulate clogged in the jets. (Don't do this in the ski of course, and don't use too much pressure) Also, take a compression test of the two cylinders, then do a spark test, or the plug wire trick. (The spark could be too weak, hence the need to cut the wire back). I don't see anything in your post about gray fuel lines, I'm also not sure if your ski had the bad lines, but if it does, they need to be changed immediately. I'm referring to the gray fuel lines marked TEMPO, if you have them, change them, and clean the whole fuel system again. Make sure you clean out the fuel selector switch, the fuel water separator filter thing, and the little fuel filters in the carbs. I would also recommend putting in an inline fuel filter, so help eliminate particulate from entering the carbs.

I have replaced the tempo fuel lines. I have not tried to run it on the trailer yet because it's to cold -_- I was thinking it was something fuel related to, but this seadoo has a lot of mystery around. It was a bank repo and I picked it up for a good price and the carbs and head pipe was missing and I don't know why they had taken it off.

Possibly someone trying to troubleshoot this issue? So they removed the pipe to get to the carbs or maybe trying to get to the reeds?

I have replaced the tempo fuel lines. I have not tried to run it on the trailer yet because it's to cold -_- I was thinking it was something fuel related to, but this seadoo has a lot of mystery around. It was a bank repo and I picked it up for a good price and the carbs and head pipe was missing and I don't know why they had taken it off.

If compression is good then clean carbs super good and replace the fuel selector valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back