01 Islandia Beeping Alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
seadoo light.jpgOkay-- first time out on the Islandia this summer and all is great till about an hour in at speed, mid turn and a loud beeping starts. I pushed the flashing orange switch and throttled back. The oil light is NOT on.

What is strange is that this switch light is always on- its orange and for the remainder of the time we had the motor on, it would beep once about ever minute or two.

In my driveway, with the battery switch "on", the light is still illuminated and beeps every couple mins.

Oil is full... fuel was above the red section on the gauge but could be off slightly... engine ran strong, no cavitating, no excessive smoke or strange engine noise.

I have attached a pic of my switch cluster as it does not seem to match my user's manual layout and the decals are worn off. The second row, orange light on the left is illuminated constantly once the battery switch is turned on. It has one position- it does not switch on or off- just springs back to the same position when pressed.

SO-- I thought the masters that dwell in the forum may have some insight for me. THANKS gents!

Got me on that one. That dash isn't for the islandia. and since you can't see the label... who knows what it's hooked too.

Have you gotten a visual inspection on the oil tank mounted to the top of the engine to make sure it's full? I guess the only other thing it would be is the battery alarm. Have you checked to see if you are charging?

I had a similar situation as this last summer. In my case it was because the oil reserve mounted on the left side of engine was not full. If that reserve is not full, it will sound an alarm until it is filled above the correct full amount. Even if your main oil tank is full, this alarm on the reserve tank will still happen.

Worth a shot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back