01 islandia 240 m2 idle problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

daryl661

I had gas that went bad due to lack of use. I drained tank and changed filters. When I start it rpm's go up and when they come back down to idle...it stalls. All the fuel lines look good. I'm not sure what it could be. Any advice would be great. Thx

Try draining the big filter. Also, verify the fuel pressure.

I'll assume you have a Gen1 240 EFI engine... but lets make sure. The cover on the top of the engine... is it small, round and just covering the flywheel? Or is it larger and covering most of the top of the engine?

Hello Dr.
Yes sir it's the gen 1. I actually replaced the both filters. I haven't checked pressure yet. I'm assuming it's in that direction, because it pressures up to start, but doesn't main to run. Going to get gage from neighbor and check there next.

Hello Dr.
Yes sir it's the gen 1. I actually replaced the both filters. I haven't checked pressure yet. I'm assuming it's in that direction, because it pressures up to start, but doesn't main to run. Going to get gage from neighbor and check there next.
So when I said gen 1, i got ahead of myself. It has the small round cover. Thx

Hello Dr.
I have yet to check pressure. I noticed it has an electric pump and a manual pump just after. Where would I check pressure and what should it be at?
I'm thinking the diaphragm in the manual pump is bad. I've had that happen on an outboard due to lack of use. Thx again!

It could be bad... but it's easy to check. Take it apart. The nice thing is... all the parts are available for that pump.

The high pressure pump has a Schrader valve on top of the vapor tank to check the pressure.

Hello sir.
I finally was able to take a little time this weekend and get back to boat. The fuel pressure seemed to be up about 35 psi when I'd turn key to on position. When I'd start it it would stay about 30 psi. I noticed it still had some discolored gas coming out when I hit the pressure relief on gage. So I pumped out a few oz of gas from the Schrader valve, until it looked better. Now it will go to idle and run for about a minute. I remember when I'd get it out on the lake for the first time, it was always a little cold blooded. Thoughts? Thank you Dr!

Hi we have the same problem..... i need to change my old fuel... we have the same engine 2001 240 efi mercury m2.... i have a problem with idle rpm... initially 1000-1100 rpm and go down to 900-750 rpm and stall... i restart it again and rpm bump up to 1500-1750 rpm without stalling... i didn’t change the old fuel it is contaminated from the old fuel... i need to drain everything though... hopefully everything is going to be ok... let me know if you can find the problem my PSI is 34 from the fuel pump...

Finally got this on the lake. I tied to boat dock and got it to where it would barely run. Immediately put it in reverse and a little throttle. It struggled for a minute then blew whatever crap was left in it out. Put it back in neutral and let it idle a bit. Whipped her around the lake a few times and she's running great. Hope you get it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back