01 gtx di fuel pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day forum, sorry for this long post, but if i give a complete description on whats been done, then more info any respnders have to reply on,, so im here to ask if anyone has tried the JETSKI PARTS PLUS VENOM FUEL PUMP, When HIGH FLOW FUEL Pumps first came out i had bought two in 2013, when i first bought the di's. one of the replacements worked great for 2 yrs without a single issue, one lasted less than a year, they have a great waranty, got a problem, call them and one is in the mail in less than 24 hours, trouble is i have gone through 5 brand new ones, and im tired of changing them out, i have verified and checked stators and pick-ups, correct fitment new gel batteries, all wires checked and verified, new RM stator voltage regulators, when i inject fuel into the airbox and keep it running, my candoo scanner verifies the correct voltage of the charging system, yes i have new filters, and i have a fuel pressure test system 2nd to none, i bought complete feul lines and peiced them together to use the quick connects instead of clamping the test hoses on, so back to my question, has anyone tried the venom fuel pumps? thanks for any info and thank you moderator, for the great sight, you have helped me more than you know,

As an owner of 4 di's I would recommend that you find a good used fuel pump on eBay or contact nick at westside powersports. Take the new used one and throughly clean it by running a mixture of gasoline and toluene through it to get any varnished material out of it.
Replace the internal filters. You can get them at almost any parts store. Cut the very expensive external filter off the hose and replace with a wix33095 filter for about 5 bucks.

Most people have to go through several of the after market pumps before finding one that works without drawing too much amperage. The main reason OEM pumps fail is due to lack of maintenance. The filters get clogged causing them to over work leading to premature failure.
There are
You can purchase new ones if you are willing to spend 900 bucks.

I've met Jesse personally, and trust me when I say this... Listen to what he has generously offered up, let alone having 4 DI's. That says something....
Yo Jesse.. Ever thought about mounting an external pu.p, and just having a pickup foot within the tank? Them 12 8mm nuts are murder on the chest

As an owner of 4 di's I would recommend that you find a good used fuel pump on eBay or contact nick at westside powersports. Take the new used one and throughly clean it by running a mixture of gasoline and toluene through it to get any varnished material out of it.
Replace the internal filters. You can get them at almost any parts store. Cut the very expensive external filter off the hose and replace with a wix33095 filter for about 5 bucks.

Most people have to go through several of the after market pumps before finding one that works without drawing too much amperage. The main reason OEM pumps fail is due to lack of maintenance. The filters get clogged causing them to over work leading to premature failure.
There are
You can purchase new ones if you are willing to spend 900 bucks.

Can you give some details on how to clean the pump I want to do this to mine since it's been sitting for 11 years in bad fuel.
Do I just hook it up to 12v while submerged in the 50/50 mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back