00 GTX DI Charging issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyman2020

Okay, so im at my wits end with this ski....
A little backround info. I purchased this ski about two years ago from a guy on CL and lets just say its been nothing but issues lol! Anyways the issue i am having is that im not getting charging voltage out my rectifier..I have done static and dynamic test on the stator and it all seems to check out but when i back probe the stator output with the rectifier hooked up its almost like its loading down the system, Goes from passing the dynamic test to only outputting 11-12 vac no matter the rpm of then engine. I have had to replace the engine in the ski last year and have triple checked grounds and have swapped with known good recitfiers. IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFO DONT HESITATE TO ASK....IM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT Thanks in advance

The electrical resistance can go up with heat so it’s possible. The old Kawasaki 560 stators used to do that.

Hard to say. Unfortunately I haven’t had much luck testing these things as usually the part that tests good can still be bad and is infuriating.

I would reach out to Nick at Westside Powersports Seadoo as he has a lot of experience with the electronics on these and has the setup to test the components of you send them to him.

It seems to only fault under load and forgot to mention there is a hard maint light and also could a faulty mpem cause load issues

And actually with a idpendent ground ran from rectifier to batt and the output plug removed I probe and get the correct 14.5-15 volts it when I physically plug the rectifier into the system it fails to output correct voltage

Any input?? Would a faulty trigger coil cause my issue?? Is there a way to go about testing this part?

Ok have the ski all pulled apart again ran through all the harnesses and checked all grounds prior to removing everything....System has ground....Pin 24 from battery ground tested good with no resistance in the line. Ground to rear battery box tested good with zero resistance also have my own extra ground running to the Rec. Im am so lost with this ski....Anyone know someone in the nc/va area that pulls trouble codes? Does the mpem shunt rectified power at all? Can a circuit inside the mpem cause my load down??? ANY INPUT>???

Ok so I have a question that may or may not have to do with my problem....while I have the ski apart I have been running through this service manual like the bible and I have been doing test on all my sensors etc...anyhow one of my air injectors has a resistance of over 90 ohms...Could this be my issue???? ANY InPUT

Not sure but I know the fuel injector guy that @etemplet uses wants the air and fuel injectors sent in at the same time for testing and cleaning as the air injectors go out as much as the fuel injectors.

Wouldn't this be like running the 12v supply straight to ground???!?!

Im sure it has everything to do with my limp mode and maint light tho

Where are you measuring the resistance on the air injector? From the block on the MPEM or directly on the air injector? If you are measuring from the MPEM plug the next step it so check wire continuity. Given the reading on your injector I'd certainly think that would be an issue.

I have a set I am getting ready to ship tomorrow. I can take some readings if that will help but it sounds like you got that in hand already. I'll test them just the same though. The engine was running pretty good.

Good Luck !!

What would you want for the set and I have one that test in spec...The ski is apart and they are in hand, also ran test of my whole harness and have been sanding grounds...check compression for laughs and sitting at 145 each cyl not to shabby only 10 hours on the build..
I find the longer I hold it in my hand and the more I test it the higher the ohms go.....Anyone here familiar with ohms law?

I've seen the readings change a bit myself.

I don't want to sell anything I"m just shipping 6 injectors off to get cleaned and checked. I need them all. :)

Awesome!! My fuel injectors test just with yours and one of my air injectors...lol one is about 40x higher then spec ohh my goodness. Hopefully this was causing some sort of load on the system however im not to familiar with the internal of a air injector??? im guessing its a diaphragmed solenoid o some king or??? Im not sure lol...Im ganna have to take it to the dealer to have codes read on the machine once its together...or in a perfect world it goes together and I never have this problem again im 4000 into rebuilding these skis....PO was a snake and sold me two crappy machines but hey I know what I got and they are b.o.a.t.s

Alright so a little update as I had to take a step back on these skis due to frustration lol. I have officially caved and ordered a candoo…However I have from the looks of it fix my charging issue. This was a process of pulling the engine running through all harnesses and bench testing what I could. (found bad air injector) Still no go :( limp mode so hopefully when I get the candoo in it will be as clear as say...hoping maybe tps issue had to adjust throttle cable at one point but cant recall if issue was before or after. Wish me luck guys or you may just see some awesome di part outs up here

Not sure but I know the fuel injector guy that @etemplet uses wants the air and fuel injectors sent in at the same time for testing and cleaning as the air injectors go out as much as the fuel injectors.
Any idea of who his guy is might have some injectors for him if he has the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back