Radio swap and LED light install on Challenger 180 - Seadoo Forums

Visit PWCMuscle.com
for 15% off all Hydro Turf - CODE: HYDRO15
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 0

Default Radio swap and LED light install on Challenger 180

I want to thank everyone who's involved in these forums, they've been a MASSIVE help for me!! Unfortunately I forgot to take before & during photos but I have lots of after photos. I recently swapped out the stock Jensen radio for a Kenwood, replaced the 2 rear speakers with Kicker 6.5's w/LED's. I also installed 2 of the same speakers in a new location up in the bow (my boat only came with 2 speakers). I saw that the "SE" model has them stock up in the bow and when I stuck my head up there I saw that it was pre-wired for speakers so all I had to do was cut new holes for them and hook em up. I put 2 new remotes in, one at the stern and one on the helm because I hate having no radio control and my wife is a terrible DJ So far it sounds awesome, way better than stock! I have a 10" sub on order but it's currently backordered so I'm patiently waiting and can't wait to install that. I swapped out the stock 12V cigarette lighter by the radio with a dual USB port with a voltage readout (also recommended on these forums) which I really like but it's super hard to see during the day when you're out on the water. I replaced all the courtesy lights with the blue LED's that have come so well recommend on Seadoo forum by a few people and I also have a bunch of LED cup holders to install but just haven't had the time. I'll probably tackle the cup holders and the sub at the same time. Thanks guys for all the recommendations!! Some pics:

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    2007 Seadoo Challenger 180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4 Given: 0

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Looks real real good! You should be proud

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2008 Sea-Doo challenger 180 215hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

What type of bulb did you use for the interior ones?

0 Not allowed!

5. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #4
    Thumbs Up

Default Radio swap and LED light install on Challenger 180

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda1976 View Post
    What type of bulb did you use for the interior ones?
    12SMD from amazon. I found them a little shorter than the stock ones but bending the tabs in a little bit got them to fit like a glove!

iJDMTOY 12-SMD 1.25" DE3175 DE3022 LED Interior Map Dome Lights, Ultra Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GGH9IQ..._dvYhzb1ZAKMRV

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Thanks a lot ordered some today.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Nate490 View Post
    I want to thank everyone who's involved in these forums, they've been a MASSIVE help for me!! Unfortunately I forgot to take before & during photos but I have lots of after photos. I recently swapped out the stock Jensen radio for a Kenwood, replaced the 2 rear speakers with Kicker 6.5's w/LED's. I also installed 2 of the same speakers in a new location up in the bow (my boat only came with 2 speakers). I saw that the "SE" model has them stock up in the bow and when I stuck my head up there I saw that it was pre-wired for speakers so all I had to do was cut new holes for them and hook em up. I put 2 new remotes in, one at the stern and one on the helm because I hate having no radio control and my wife is a terrible DJ So far it sounds awesome, way better than stock! I have a 10" sub on order but it's currently backordered so I'm patiently waiting and can't wait to install that. I swapped out the stock 12V cigarette lighter by the radio with a dual USB port with a voltage readout (also recommended on these forums) which I really like but it's super hard to see during the day when you're out on the water. I replaced all the courtesy lights with the blue LED's that have come so well recommend on Seadoo forum by a few people and I also have a bunch of LED cup holders to install but just haven't had the time. I'll probably tackle the cup holders and the sub at the same time. Thanks guys for all the recommendations!! Some pics:
    Bro that looks amazing. I would love to do that to my boat. So far the only change I did in mine was the paint with plastidip. This way I can easily switch the colors on the go.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2007 Challenger 180se (OE Tower)
    Thumbs Up

What model are the stereo remotes? Do you know the diameter? Wondering if I can put one in place of the factory remote that is on my SE but does not do anything because of the upgraded sound system.

0 Not allowed!

9. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #8
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JTrottaNY View Post
    What model are the stereo remotes? Do you know the diameter? Wondering if I can put one in place of the factory remote that is on my SE but does not do anything because of the upgraded sound system.
    It is this one: NEW Kenwood KCA-RC55MR Wired Marine Boat Remote to KMR-700U KMR-550U KMR-700U https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XR82N8..._GlPlzb260VZCP

But it will only work with certain Kenwood radios. Visit Kenwood.com to see if your radio is compatible

0 Not allowed!

10. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #9
    Thumbs Up

Well I received the 10" subwoofer and amp and finally got a chance to install it. I can't believe how good it sounds!! Sub looks good but I drilled the mounting holes using the template and didn't think anything of the clocking position until I went to put the sub in. The "Kenwood" is crooked on the bottom, my OCD wants to re dill the holes and move it but my wife keeps telling me to just leave it.... I installed the amp on the back wall of the glove box but haven't taken any pics of it. It's pretty straight forward though.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Looks good, can you send picture of amp mounting

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

And your head unit has 2 plugs for the remotes?

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information