98 XP Pump Seal?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

n-mod

I have a 98 XP with extremely bad cavitation. Impeller and wear ring in good shape, so it leads me to the pump seal. This one has an o-ring in the groove. I can't seem to find a matching part in the diagrams. The shop manual shows an adhesive neoprene seal installed on the shoe for this model, I believe this is wrong (I wasn't aware there was one for 155mm pumps). I'm thinking it may just need Right Stuff sealant on the shoe. Or what seal does this pump take? Also my shoe is a bit worn, might have to replace that too. See photos.

Attachments

• IMG_9300.jpeg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9299.jpeg
    IMG_9299.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
After a bunch of research I think I have my answer. The 98 pumps were unique. They did not use a neoprene seal that adheres to the shoe, nor a rubber one that mounts around the pump lip. These use Permatex "The Right Stuff" to seal the pump to the shoe. I'm still not sure about the o-ring on mine, but with the sealant my cavitation will hopefully go away.

Go easy on that Right Stuff….You’ll be glad you did come time to remove that pump. 98 pumps also had a one of impeller shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back