What is the correct angle for bunk boards on trailer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilesgarner

Just bought a used double trailer and had to revamp. Had missing bunk boards etc. It is an EZ Loader trailer and the bunk board set up is not the same as my single trailer. The bunk boards are set up on the wide side of the 2 x 4 with swivel brackets. My single trailer has bunk boards setting up on narrow edge in a fixed u bracket. What is the correct angle and how much surface contact is needed?

The structural make up of dimensional lumber, is the narrow side up carries the load. (wood grain)

Example: A floor joist does not lay flat, it is narrow side (1 1/2in) up for strength.
I have noticed bunks on trailers where I put my skis in the water have them both ways.
Mine are angled to fit the hull. So I guess it is up to you.:cheers:

thanks jhjesse - bunk board angle

Thanks for the confirmation. We also noticed the boards did not bow under the weight of the ski when turned straight up on the narrow edge. They are angled the best they go at that orientation so we shall see how they do. Have a great summer on the water!:hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back