Vts issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

alexr101

Hey guys got a quick question about the vts system on a 99 xpl. I just picked up a good used vts module that was shown to work in person. I just put it in my ski and it dosen’t do anything. The 7.5 amp fuse is not blown on the mpem. I get 12v on the two wires going to the vts module. However no relays click or do anything when I hit the switches. I verified that the motor works and also checked the resistance on each switch when pushed which is 60 ohms and OL when not pushed. I know the vts module is good because I saw it work on another ski before buying it. Is it possible that my mpem fried my module? The reason I ask is the previous owner said he jumped started the ski before or am I missing something?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 84FDED74-06B0-411E-95A8-2D66B8B00997.png
    84FDED74-06B0-411E-95A8-2D66B8B00997.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
So I figured out it’s the mpem not sending the module 12v. After putting 12v to purple the vts module and gauge worked. So I took out the mpem to get a new one and I found this on the back. I understand the increased rpm but how about the rest?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 11
Back