Seaside Sea-Doo Slalom

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

3ftDeep

When the big waves are no where to be seen, the 3ftDeep boys turn a sea of crab trap floats into a slalom course. The 2012 Sea-Doo GTR 215 and 2005 Sea-Doo GTX 185 jet ski machines prove their weight in gold!
If you like our videos, please subscribe!
http://youtu.be/aCuNe7Jk0QI

Looks great!

The south side of Okanagan Lake has slaloms set up for probably water skiers but when we were
up in Sept we took advantage. The 1000 lb machines not quite as nimble as the old 98 GSX...!

Thanks for your comment. You'd be surprised how nimble the GTR 215 is. At only 767 lbs (dry weight), its got great maneuverability. Now if it was only 12 inches shorter ...

Last edited by a moderator:
76 lbs! No wonder it's so nimble...:D

We were going back and forth on the GoPro a while ago. It turns out the kids all went together and go
me a Hero 3+ Black from Costco.

Now I'm just figuring out how to use the thing and trying to create a mount I want...

PS thanks for the tip on the computer and the GoPro too...this is one case where procrastination actually helped. When I finally went ahead with the new computer 2 weeks ago I added well more than enough to do the editing etc...If I had done the new computer in October I would have been taking it back and almost getting another new one....!

Whoops! 767 lbs. You'll love the Hero 3+. Make sure you get the best card you can. I use a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32Gb card, and it works great. I haven't done a direct comparison yet, but I think the quality is better than the Extreme, or slower cards. Take care.

76 lbs! No wonder it's so nimble...:D

We were going back and forth on the GoPro a while ago. It turns out the kids all went together and go
me a Hero 3+ Black from Costco.

Now I'm just figuring out how to use the thing and trying to create a mount I want...

PS thanks for the tip on the computer and the GoPro too...this is one case where procrastination actually helped. When I finally went ahead with the new computer 2 weeks ago I added well more than enough to do the editing etc...If I had done the new computer in October I would have been taking it back and almost getting another new one....!

Yeah I got a 64GB 100MB/sec or somewhere's around there. I've invested so much d**m money in the
rest of the stuff I'd better make use of it. It was almost nice enough to go today at 13C..!

Be careful with the 64gig, you can do a little research on line and there have been issues with the 64, I went with the 32 gig SanDisk class 10. You can squeeze a bunch of video on a 32. Plus I think on Amazon I could get two 32's for less than one 64. Perhaps they resolved the issue, but supposedly the card would brick and you couldn't get pics of of it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Sorry Lama. I found it when I got my Hero3 Silver back in June. I went to GoPro's website to find out the recommended memory card so I knew that I would get the one that worked correctly and was probably extensively tested by them. And from that search is how I found out and like you, I wanted the largest storage capacity. But skipped. Now, I know a lot of users had issues, but how many did not? It seems to happen randomly, but a bunch of posts I read were when filming and the battery died. I supposedly won't allow the camera to write the ending of the film and that bricks the memory stick. But, what I don't get is no matter what size the stick is why wouldn't it do it on the smaller capacity cards? Or does it and I just didn't read about it. I also read a bunch of posts about people having issues with no-name cards. Just keep an eye on it, and I would remove your videos immediately after filming for the day....just in case, you don't want to miss any priceless mistakes.

Hey Racer, before I bought the memory card I also looked at the GoPro site. This card is a Lexar
High Performance USB 3.0 633x and 95 MB/s - which matches the site. The model number was slightly
different but the performance numbers were actually a bit better so I am hoping.....I guess it only has
to happen once...
In a way it did happen last Sept. We were away with a group of seadoo buddies and I was using my iPhone for a pile of pics and the odd video. No one ever told me that I had to sign on to the hotel wi-fi to back the pics etc up to the iCloud....so naturally the iPhone packs it in in the middle of the night. Deader than a door nail.

So when I got the replacement and restored it....all pics gone pfffft.

Gol darn these high-falutin' thingymajigs!

I have had hit/miss luck with the 64gb cards, more miss than hit.
two 64's have failed on me, didn't lose data but couldn't add any more, or delete, just copy.
switched back to 32's since then and when the 64's fail on my tablet and phones (just a matter of time?) i'll go bck to 32's on that as well. (have 64 in wifes phone, 32 in mine, 64 on tablet)

to be honest, the 16 was plenty big for my hero2, the battery ran out before the space ran out.
but the 32's allow me to swap out batteries on my break and keep filming.
now,,, if I can just learn how to edit !!! I have approx 100gb of unedited footage, mostly tree's & water. :facepalm:
when I sold my last ski, I included the gopro2 & RAM mount in the sale, I figure the best way to motivate me to upgrade was to sell the old one. Hesitant to buy a new one since I don't edit stuff anyway, perhaps a nice color handheld gps is a more practical investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes I maybe could see one card being NFG but two?? Not good at all.

I'm sure the 32 would have been fine but for that deal on the 64 I couldn't pass it up and as I have
heard a few times from uh..female acquaintances....the bigger the better... ;)

I've tried the editing a little. I just need to get the files to try editing. Not much to film here in the
winter unless you like rain....

Back