part # for 1994 Seadoo gtx pressure relief valve and check valve?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezgoin92

Hello all and thanks as always in advance for all of the assist in the past. (1994 GTX 657X) Last year I did a carb rebuild with genuine Mikuni parts following the carb rebuild thread to a "T" (super helpful) all new fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel selector, pulled and cleaned the tank. It ran strong all last season (needs a wear ring replaced which the rest of the parts are on the way for the pump house rebuild and wear ring replacement) but other than that ran good. Towards the end of the season it started fine, idled great but when at speed after a while it would stumble flat on face like it lost fuel (kind of like bucking). If I turned the selector to reserve it went back to running well (presumed I might have an obstruction in the normal running fuel pickup side). As an quick check I pulled the fuel selector and lines back from the tank through the filter back to the carbs and compressed air flowed freely but hadn't pulled the tank at that point. After the winter I took it out for the first ride the other weekend and it had the same cutting out issue but also showed the same issue in reserve setting after riding a little longer. Brought it back to the dock and it didn't want to restart. I didn't think about trying to vent the fuel cap until after I had pulled it from the water and washed it down so an hour later was not a good reference if there was pressure buildup or excess vacuum in the tank.

I found a thread from a few years ago which references the check valve and fuel pressure relief valve but looking at the seadoo manual I didnt notice a part number. Can anyone point me in the direction for a part number to try and source. I would like to replace them before taking it down to the water for the 4th. If I can amazon for quick delivery it would be preferred or if I can source at a local parts store even better. Since last weekend I have pulled the fuel tank and the pickup, filter and filter housing, fuel selector and even the mag side carburetors fuel filter and I don't really see hardly any debris, certainly nothing which seems like it would restrict fuel flow. I will double check spark gap later today. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.... I'll pull the carbs and do a second rebuild if I have to but since its is such a pain in the backside to get them off and go through the works of taking the right side of the motor off I also don't want to overthink the issue if it is something as simple as the check valve and fuel pressure relief valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back