one long beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Amnon

seadoo challenger 1800, 2007
While I'm driving I hear one long beep every few minutes, what could it be? (no lack of oil, no lack of water...)
The beep sounds when I'm get close to 5000RPM.

Last edited:
Same 2007 150 Speedster. Started after recent battery replacement. Checked voltage - while running 13.5 at battery. Not running 12.6. Is 13.5 enough at running, could it be rectifier/regulator? It runs fine not in limp mode, just annoying long loud beep. No engine over temp. No exhaust temp. No coolant temp. No oil or any other warnings. Just the long beep every minute.

Same 2007 150 Speedster. Started after recent battery replacement. Checked voltage - while running 13.5 at battery. Not running 12.6. Is 13.5 enough at running, could it be rectifier/regulator? It runs fine not in limp mode, just annoying long loud beep. No engine over temp. No exhaust temp. No coolant temp. No oil or any other warnings. Just the long beep every minute.
After replacement, it's not the rectifier/regulator or battery, there are other ideas ?

It sounds awfully similar to mine. I'm hoping it's not the ECM. If it's not showing messages and it's not battery, rectifier, high temp, low oil, low gas. What else can it be?

It was probably was the battery, because two days after replacing the battery, the beeping stopped.
It was not low oil, at leas that's how it looks ....

So, running it for a couple of days and it stopped beeping? Maybe like a car after so many start cycles if there is no problem the computer resets and will actually even turn off an engine light. I will give it a try.

Did you try to pull codes ?
The procedure for retrieving codes is as follows:
  1. With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes (onboard diagnostic).
  2. Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When “list” is over, END will appear.
  3. When END appears, press MODE to exit.

For non gauge cluster boats, you need CANDoo program and a laptop. But a 2007 should have the gauge cluster?

It does have cluster. I don’t see a set button or a mode button. My 2907 has on left side, start post, start button, 12v acct socket. On right four switches, lights, radio, bilge & blower. No other buttons.

Then your only option is to get CANDoo to read the ECM. I have not seen a cluster without a mode button however. Perhaps post a pic?

Back