In the market for a 3-seater - please educate me

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSengineer

Hello,
I am new to the forums and am in the market for a used 3-seater for my family. I owned a couple of Seadoo's in my college years (96' GSX & GTX) and am looking to get back into the sport since my kids are getting a little older. I have been out of the PWC market for over 10 years and boy have things changed. I am quickly trying to get back up to speed but there is a lot of information to wade through. I know we want a three seater and my preference is Seadoo and possibly Yamaha as a second option. We are not looking for the fastest thing on the water although I do want something with good power. I prefer to pass on a supercharged model as I think the naturally aspirated will be plenty for our needs. I am looking for something less than 6yr old and under 100hr preferably. My questions are the following:

1) What was the first year the GTX came with the 4-tec 155HP? What were the major differences between the years other than color? Certain years to stay away from?
2) How do the current GTX models compare to the older 96' GTX 2-stoke 110HP I previously had? I know they are larger/heavier and offer more storage. How does the 4-tec 155HP in the current GTX compare power wise to what I previously had?
3) Is the 4-Tec 155HP also offered in the GTI model?
4) I know this is a Seadoo forum but any input on Yamaha 3-seaters that I should be aware of when shopping

Sorry for the long winded post. Just trying to educate myself before purchasing. Appreciate any feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back