Importing a Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

gazza2010au

hey guys im often seeing these ridiculous prices jetskis selling in the US has anyone imported one into australia?

if so how was your experience? ive been quoted the following prices

Transport texas to west coast jetski on trailer: us$625
Packing / us clearance / shipping / aust destination unpacking port charges etc / customs clearance a$2000
Quarantine fees $193
Depot facility fee $ 90
GST 10%

do u think its worth it? some really nice jetskis sell over there for $2000!!!!

I have no idea if adding close to another $3,000 would make it a good deal. If they are really high priced in Australia and it's something you would want to try, how would you screen your purchase from that distance? It would be difficult to examine/test the units from a half a world away.

That being said, I'm sure some of the folks here would be happy to assist you with the transaction on this end.

there would be extra costs for the trailer to be shipped as it needs to meet ozzy standards plus insurance

i costed up a us$11k new seadoo from seattle in a crate and the importing was closer to $5.5k including a new trailer and rego costs here.

still about $4k cheaper than an ozzy one though but then there is warranty and servicing to consider

Back