Hull full of gas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Frige

Its warming up so I drug the 96 gts I built last year out of the barn. I winterized it and left it of a battery tender. While I was cleaning it i hit the starter to make sure it fired up and it just spun. Tried it several times. Figuring it must be flooded so I pulled the seat and whoa. A good 1/2 inch of fuel in the bottom of the hull. I pulled the drain and flushed it with water. Trying to figure out where it came from. The fuel is green so has oil mixed. I had the fuel turned off but I was having issues with the new fuel selector last season. It didnt like run on fuel just on reserve.
Ideas? I dont see a leak right now.

I just checked it. I have the front of the ski raised up a couple of feet. There is a drop of fuel coming out under the exhaust every few seconds. I get the feeling the fuel selector switch is bleeding by. Now how do I get the fuel out of the crankcase?

Well sounds like fuel secletor is bad. It flooded to heck so would disconnect the main fuel line because your selector is bad that way you have no more fuel to the carbs. And then pull the pugs spin it over wot. And then try it you will have to give it wot till it starts and then if it still doesn’t start repeat the process but just leave the plugs out and let it set over night and try again in the morning

Also, check the 2 one way valves on the fuel tank vent line and make sure they are working properly.

I pulled the valve out and yes it was leaking by. The tank pressurizes itself so thats why the fuel kept coming out. Took the valve apart and found a bad oring. Replaced it and it seems to be ok. Still wouldnt start so I replaced the plugs and she fired right up.

I pulled the valve out and yes it was leaking by. The tank pressurizes itself so thats why the fuel kept coming out. Took the valve apart and found a bad oring. Replaced it and it seems to be ok. Still wouldnt start so I replaced the plugs and she fired right up.
Well good man glad you got it

Back