Good Dealer/Service in Houston area?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

maverick697

I recently pulled my GTI out of a couple years storage and need to get some service to get it back on track. Does anyone have any suggestions for service in the Houston area (preferably south Houston area)?

Thanks!

I like your name. Check out my avatar picture for explanation.

I work in Pearland. What kind of work do you need done on the ski? I might be able to do some or at least help you figure out what is wrong before the dealer mows you over.

Otherwise, the closest dealer/shop is Word (Team Mancuso) down on 45 just after the dog track. Call them and see if the one across the street from Ellington is still open. They used to have 2 or 3 locations, but I think the one down by the track is the only one still open.

Well the battery seems to be fine as it has been connected to a battery tender but the engine is just barely turning over.
The ski has been in storage for 2 years and fuel stabilizer was not added (nuff said), spark plugs have been changed.....
That is not a lot to go off of, any ideas?

2 year old fuel will burn just fine. It may not run in top form at full throttle, but it should still light up and run.

Pull a battery out of a car and try it. Do not jump it, but "borrow" the battery for your 'doo. Or you could take the old battery and have it tested, but all of the places I went to around here said they couldn't load test the smaller batteries (BS:().

I am leaning toward the battery.

The engine DOES turn over, correct? Pull the spark plugs out and grab the big plate in front of the shaft and see if you can turn the engine smoothly by hand. Never hurts to put a little bit of Marvel Oil in the spark plug holes.

So we are checking that the engine turns freely, is not seized or making any grinding sounds or feelings when turning. And verifying that the battery is good and strong enough to crank the engine over.

Then after it starts to turn, you may have some carb issues, but we will mess with that when we get there.

ding ding ding, we have a winner.....the battery

thanks for you feedback and that definitely takes a load off my mind as far as the options for repair costs were possibly going to be

COOL!!! Glad that worked out the easy and quick way :cheers:

See you in the water.

By the way, where are you putting in?

We do lake houston most of the time, sometimes the river below the dam with the boat, surfside off the beach or channel with the XP.

Until this past weekend I have used and stored my ski up at Lake Travis outside Austin so I will have to be exploring places to go as I have never taken it out anywhere around here besides Clear Lake once a long time ago.

I appreciate your suggestions and will have to check out the spots.

Back