Fresh Find Friday! Project HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have the same finger trigger as racer...it is awesome to say the least. Way better than the thumb throttle

PS I secretly want to see a carbon fiber hood!!!!

I finally got the HX out on Sunday and Monday. I ran real good but has a decent size water leak somewhere. I have checked all the lines so tonight I'll be pressure testing the cooling system to try and pin point the leak. I'm a little leery on what I'll find, I have no history on the PO's winterization technique, though I did smell antifreeze while working on it, so I kinda hope that it's not a crack. I have to say, after taking a 14 year hiatus I'm walking a tad funny today. The ole' HX give you a workout on the thighs. It was cool to finally get out there, I forgot how great it is to be cruising along then hit a wake that you didn't see and rag doll through the water while just about topped out. The people even came back and asked if I was OK. The HX was about 60 feet away from me. LOL Just glad I can still buckle my lifejacket after 14 years. On another note I rode on Monday for just about 3 hours straight, with two stops to check for water leaks. This thing can suck the fuel down, I had to flip to reserve on the way back.

799.jpg

800.jpg

That's awesome brother that your getting some seat time in. I've been doing the same........actually riding my Doos as well as work on them! I saw lots of HX's at the races. Some had Kawi triples in them. I wish I would have snapped you some pics.

That's awesome brother that your getting some seat time in. I've been doing the same........actually riding my Doos as well as work on them! I saw lots of HX's at the races. Some had Kawi triples in them. I wish I would have snapped you some pics.

It's going to take some time before I can really start tossing this thing around, gotta build the confidence up. I have to remember I have "adult" responsibilities that come first before acting like a total jackazz, LOL I do wish I was 14 years younger, get back to my mid 20's.

Def looks good Dan.
:drool5:

You going to take a hiatus and get to enjoying them instead of restoring them.......
:driving:

I hope so, I have to put a rectifier in the XP, it's not charging the battery F#@! POS. Can you tell I'm pissed! And right now I'm in the shop tearing the pipe off the HX so I can pressure test the engine cooling system.

I hope so, I have to put a rectifier in the XP, it's not charging the battery F#@! POS. Can you tell I'm pissed! And right now I'm in the shop tearing the pipe off the HX so I can pressure test the engine cooling system.

Hurry, you have 5 days to Sunday!

I'll be looking forward to Sanibel vacation 2nd week in June with my 4 strokes
:rolleyes:

Must feel good after 7 months of working on seadoo's to be able to ride one. I have yet to get into the water this year. That hx does look great though. Those are too rough to ride for me. By the way you will get your sea legs back quick, first time out every year is rough on my legs.

She is looking good there Dan. I was getting tired of all the pics on the forum of skis on trailers, nice to see some in the water. I love the first ride updates it means summer is just around the corner. Good luck with the leak, I'm sure you'll have it figured out in no time.

BTW to use less fuel, don't pull on that trigger thing on the handlebars so hard. .:thumbsup:

BTW to use less fuel, don't pull on that trigger thing on the handlebars so hard. .:thumbsup:

Thanks for the polite way of saying--lose weight LOL.

I think because I'm right handed is my problem. Whether the boat, the skinny pedal in the car, or now the skis, the lever is always deep into the range. I honestly think if I wasn't at the gas station 2 to 3 times a week I might go into withdrawal.

Must feel good after 7 months of working on seadoo's to be able to ride one. I have yet to get into the water this year. That hx does look great though. Those are too rough to ride for me. By the way you will get your sea legs back quick, first time out every year is rough on my legs.

Yeah it does feel good, there were a lot of eyes on the ski, god I hope those dudes were looking at the ski and not my gut :facepalm:. I actually think the HX rides pretty smooth, I like the suspension, and my balance is getting better. After I rag dolled I actually climbed back on from the back of the ski.

I think the HX is 99% completed. Still one more thing I want to do but that is a winter project. I scored the coveted black seat trim and the rear factory black sponsons and sponson trim caps. All of those are some of the hardest HX only parts to find. I already had my Mom stitch up the gray carbon fiber knee pads months back, so it was just a clean and an install knee pads then just bolt the parts on today. I rode the HX for the past two days and loved every minute of it, I love how this thing rides. Today I burnt the ENTIRE tank-literally. I almost couldn't get it started to get it on the trailer and I can't see fuel in the tank when I shake it. I did a 52.5 mile run today on the HX. Thanks OCOD for the chart mapping!

Here's today's ride map
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6020972

410.jpg

411.jpg

Here's a few shots from Friday evenings ride

412.jpg

413.jpg

414.jpg

I think the HX is 99% completed. Still one more thing I want to do but that is a winter project. I scored the coveted black seat trim and the rear factory black sponsons and sponson trim caps. All of those are some of the hardest HX only parts to find. I already had my Mom stitch up the gray carbon fiber knee pads months back, so it was just a clean and an install knee pads then just bolt the parts on today. I rode the HX for the past two days and loved every minute of it, I love how this thing rides. Today I burnt the ENTIRE tank-literally. I almost couldn't get it started to get it on the trailer and I can't see fuel in the tank when I shake it. I did a 52.5 mile run today on the HX. Thanks OCOD for the chart mapping!

Here's today's ride map
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6020972

410.jpg

411.jpg

Here's a few shots from Friday evenings ride

412.jpg

413.jpg

414.jpg

Were you on the Delaware ?? What ramp bcuz pics look familiar

Were you on the Delaware ?? What ramp bcuz pics look familiar

That is Bulls Island in Jersey off Route 29. That was my key riding spot back in the 90's, I burned countless gallons on that section of the river. I have seen a Seaplane (Hydroplane) do touch and go's on the river(eons ago), just saw a sweet air boat on Friday night there too. Just have to pay close attention, it's all rock.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6022003

^ Money shot right there!

View attachment 20989

Yep, that looks good, thanks Oscar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back