for 15% off all Hydro Turf - CODE: HYDRO15
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    03 Islandia w/250 Merc. 95 spx 87 22' Formula 2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Question M2 240 manual not working for a 250

I hate to keep bugging .I have a 2003 opti 250 that now is only putting out 5100 rpm max . The 240 may opperate the same but is not set up the same .Before I dig too deep into it I want to make sure i have my throttel set up correct for idel and wot. Idel is about 650-700 and wot is now down to 5100 and dont want to mess with the wrong adjustment screws .The digram for the 240 Dose Not match up with what i am looking at .I have a good idea but but dont want to wrongle change timming ,mix or spark advance .I joined so i could get the manual and get some support. soo far no so much. (edit ) Should i be posting in the premium members area ?
    Last edited by froggie76; 09-18-08 at 10:59 PM. Reason: should i be posting in the premium members area?

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Yes....

Yes.....The premium area is set up for just that, getting help to premium members is first priority.

Everything I've dealt with in the 250 opti in helping a member, was solved with the 240, which is also a EFI Optimax.........so, it's a bit perplexing to have my first member find that there must obviously be some differences. That is highly unusual in a manafacturer to make a change so minute like that, unless they added another sensor system or some other change that necessated such a change.

Please post in the premium section too, because with so many members and not enough time, sometimes I only get a limited amout of time to read posts in other areas.........

I will look into the design changes and see if Mercury made a specific manual soley for the 250. As of the date the M-2 manual was purchased, it was suppose to cover all Seadoo M-2 engines. The 250 had already been in service........but I will check.

Also, you are allowed to double post here and in premium section because they are two different (isolated) parts of the forum.

Please feel free to send me a PM, describing your problem in detail and maybe I can be of further service...........
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information