Visit SeaDooSparkParts.com
for discount parts for your Sea-Doo Spark
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watercrafts
    '00 Polaris Genesis '96 XP800 '02 Islandia 240 EFI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169 Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by chucked View Post
    I wouldn't be against installing stronger valve springs to overcome the higher rpms. Another thing, can the hull handle the extra speed?
    Unlike a car engine... when you put on heavier springs to get that valve closed faster... you then run into the problem of crushing a valve seat, cupping the valve head, or stretching/breaking the stem. (this is the kind of stuff I deal with in my shop on motorcycle engines)

I guess the real prob is... the 3 cyl ACE engine is new, and we don't have any REAL life data.
    Tony
    Prez, A&L Motorsports, LLC
    PM or post for help. Don't leave questions in my profile box. (i never check it)

I'm not going to be able to do vinyl or carbs for a while. Starting my new job is taking a lot of time

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chucked View Post
    What about 60hp to 109hp? Thats pretty cheap horsepower. Ive seen a lot of four stroke guys spend $1000 for 10 hp.
    It's not the same. The 60hp ACE engine IS the 90 hp engine, and it's just a lower RPM via the computer. In this case, you are simply unlocking the engine to it's designed power.

When the guys look for power on the 4-tec engine... they are physically changing things, since that engine is running at it's max potential.

0 Not allowed!

SeadooForum Hall of fame SabrToothSqrl's Avatar
    Watercrafts
    2000 XP | 2000 GTX | 2002 GTX | 2002 XP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109 Given: 1

Max RPM can't be the only thing they change.. is it? I'd feel jaded if the tach went to 8k and the ski did like 6k... I'd have to start paddling along side it...

the fact that it's the same prop would lead me to believe these models have more in common than they claim.

60 vs 90 HP at the push of some electronics... why even make a 60 HP version?! the OEM cost can't be that much different...

Maybe I should take my spare 951 and build a go-kart while we wait...
    0-60 in 3.2... no gas needed.
    ´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º> My Videos

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    3 Modded 96XPs -=- 93 GTX for the GF -=- and over 100 as parts for sale! -=-
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121 Given: 182

As I have posted before I have been told that the Display is related to the ECU so you cannot simply reflash. Its a reliable source, but it could be incorrect.
    Current part out list; Click below to view pictures. PM for availability & pricing

Ride it like you ain't got a dime in it!!!

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
    Max RPM can't be the only thing they change.. is it? I'd feel jaded if the tach went to 8k and the ski did like 6k... I'd have to start paddling along side it...

60 vs 90 HP at the push of some electronics... why even make a 60 HP version?! the OEM cost can't be that much different...

I said the same thing before they came out.

It has nothing to do with production costs... it has to do with PROFIT. Basically... the margin on the 60hp unit is going to be VERY low. BUT, they can lure people into the dealerships with the LOW price tag. Then, once you are there, and the salesman does his job... you walk out with the 90hp, with the basic upgrade pack, and some other options. AND... this is where they make their $$$

Think about it... the $600 for the 90hp version is PURE PROFIT to seadoo, since it's just a software change. So, they are going to push you to buy the more powerful ski.

You have to remember... this is a fly-by-wire throttle. So, the computer can make it any HP they want it to be. With that said... I'm sure the engine can spin higher, and make more power, but Rotax deemed that the 90hp mark was the best for reliability and long life.

0 Not allowed!

SeadooForum Hall of fame SabrToothSqrl's Avatar
    Watercrafts
    2000 XP | 2000 GTX | 2002 GTX | 2002 XP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109 Given: 1

i think it needs more power ahrrr rrr hhrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ9Xk0Lln5Y

0 Not allowed!

White Lake Township, Michigan, also some in Bradenton, Florida
    Watercrafts
    96 GTX , 99 GSX Limited, 19 ft. Glastron I/O boat.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79 Given: 18

A VTECH mod for a Turbo spark.

A 15 second trial run is here........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLUncP6wJw
    For members in Michigan, please read the following thread & post your info.
    http://www.seadooforum.com/showthrea...-Michigan-Here

If you wish to have your first name known to other members please sign up in this thread. http://www.seadooforum.com/showthrea...ht=#post313624

To all Michigan boat owners, there is a new group in SDF called MICHIGAN WATERRIDERS. Click on Community at top of pg. & find Michigan Waterriders.
    "Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship." ~ Benjamin Franklin

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
    I said the same thing before they came out.

It has nothing to do with production costs... it has to do with PROFIT. Basically... the margin on the 60hp unit is going to be VERY low. BUT, they can lure people into the dealerships with the LOW price tag. Then, once you are there, and the salesman does his job... you walk out with the 90hp, with the basic upgrade pack, and some other options. AND... this is where they make their $$$

Think about it... the $600 for the 90hp version is PURE PROFIT to seadoo, since it's just a software change. So, they are going to push you to buy the more powerful ski.

You have to remember... this is a fly-by-wire throttle. So, the computer can make it any HP they want it to be. With that said... I'm sure the engine can spin higher, and make more power, but Rotax deemed that the 90hp mark was the best for reliability and long life.
    That theory works if they can actually sell you the 90hp. I called every dealer in the state and they didnt have any HO 2 seaters with a 7 month order delay. I would have been happy to lay down some more cash so the dealer could reprogram the ecu to the HO but that apparently it is not an option(yet). You actually have to buy the whole machine to get what is basically 20 minutes with a laptop. What a huge marketing blunder for seadoo. Now Vtech is cashing in on this folly.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2014 Sea Doo Spark - Pineapple 2up (60 hp model)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 0

As some of the arguments about reliability were said, I have the 60 hp one and would have loved if they offered just a tune to make it 90 hp. That way I would feel safe that the engine should still last as if it were stock, but I'm a bit hesitant about pushing it to 110 hp. I'm sure that will not kill it immediately but may shorten its life.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58 Given: 55

You can load in the 90hp tune as well with the vtech.
    We Sell Performance SeaDoo Parts -> Visit PWCMuscle.com!
    Don't forget to check out SeaDooWarehouse.com for all of your OEM SeaDoo Parts Needs!!
    Need your Supercharger Rebuilt? SDF's Official Sea-Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2014 Sea Doo Spark - Pineapple 2up (60 hp model)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 0

Oh yeah.. basically do it as if its an HO model and I want to go back to the stock tune. But will that then give you sport and touring settings to switch between? I mean since the 60 hp model does not have that ability to switch modes will you basically be in sport all the time after loading the 90 hp tune?
    Last edited by siliev; 06-25-14 at 10:29 AM. Reason: sorry spelled losing instead of loading :p

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information