Sea-Doo Super Charger Rebuild Service
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default PPPPPPPlease help!! Taking on water part 2

I posted yesterday about 07 rxt filling up fast on the lake.
    I brought it home. Filled the bitch on the trailer. Not a drop. ran it. Still nothing. The only thing I can do to make it leak is when I pull the engine side of the rubber boot back the water runs right out the hole in the hull that the shaft goes through.
    So my question is does this mean the carbon seal is bad??????? Water pressure from the lake is pushing by the carbon seal and the spring loaded boot? Still think the impeller is noisey and rattley on the trailer? thanks for any professional advise.

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1999 Seadoo Speedster SK 2000 Seadoo RX Millennium Edition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40 Given: 9

Yea that sounds like a carbon seal that leaks when the engine is under load. When under load the engine tends to torque in that direction.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Thanks. Gonna put one in and see what happens.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Got it!!! Inner hose nipple was broken off the starboard steering flap. Who knows how that happened?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1999 Seadoo Speedster SK 2000 Seadoo RX Millennium Edition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40 Given: 9

Or that lol. That only pressurized under throttle so it makes sense that at idle nothing happened. Easier than a carbon seal that's for sure.

0 Not allowed!

SeadooForum Pro Michael211_2000's Avatar
    Watercrafts
    1975 Sidewinder of Wisconsin (jetboat) 2006 Seadoo RXT (PWC)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3 Given: 0

You mean the OPAS paddle retraction system I presume? It raises the paddles at higher speeds to get them out of the water using jetpump water pressure... and the hoses that carry that water pressure run inside of the hull of course so if one line springs a leak it pumps water into the hull and the paddles don't go up like they should. I can see how that would be difficult to figure out!

However, your carbon seal boot should not be so easly pulled back it should be a *itch to pull back by hand in fact so watch that! What will actually happen at higher speeds is the boot will pull itself back under jetpump suction and air will get sucked into the pump causing cavitation.... so it's still something you might need to adjust or replace in fact! You make it sound like it was easy to pull the boot back exposing the carbon ring seal and that just should not be the case!

- Michael

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    You mean the OPAS paddle retraction system I presume? It raises the paddles at higher speeds to get them out of the water using jetpump water pressure... and the hoses that carry that water pressure run inside of the hull of course so if one line springs a leak it pumps water into the hull and the paddles don't go up like they should. I can see how that would be difficult to figure out!

However, your carbon seal boot should not be so easly pulled back it should be a *itch to pull back by hand in fact so watch that! What will actually happen at higher speeds is the boot will pull itself back under jetpump suction and air will get sucked into the pump causing cavitation.... so it's still something you might need to adjust or replace in fact! You make it sound like it was easy to pull the boot back exposing the carbon ring seal and that just should not be the case!

- Michael
    Thanks for the input. Yes. It was difficult to pull back but the reason I did was because I noticed the up and down movement of it. Did understand at first how it worked. So was monkeying around with it trying to figure out how it would be letting water in the craft.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information