Sea-Doo Super Charger Rebuild Service
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Sea-Doo Ceramic Washer Class Action Settlement

ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    2004 RXT 2011 230 SP 2001 Challenger 2000 - Sold
    Thumbs Up

deleted double post
    Last edited by go-hokies; 07-14-12 at 06:31 AM. Reason: double post

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jwnm2012 View Post
    ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

Wow... good news... except I did not purchase my RXT in CA... So hopefully there is action / hope for the rest of the country?
    Last edited by go-hokies; 07-14-12 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typo

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    08 Speedster 200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1 Given: 0

Will it eventually include Sport Boats and will this action carry over into the other 49 States ? This appears to be a step in the right direction.

If they agreed to a proposed settlement than its a given they really don't want to release all of their internal findings and test plans which would likely show failures into evidence. At the same time the actual failures vs number of machines was worth the risk at the time I'm sure and they banked on most of this happening outside of normal warranty period where it would be much easier to wash their hands of it.

Getcha popcorn ready...this could get interesting for BRP .

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

If they agreed to a proposed settlement than its a given they really don't want to release all of their internal findings and test plans which would likely show failures into evidence. At the same time the actual failures vs number of machines was worth the risk at the time I'm sure and they banked on most of this happening outside of normal warranty period where it would be much easier to wash their hands of it.

Agree....

Next up... hopefully some action for bad valves in 2004 and 2005.. Just dropped a valve and toasted my engine.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

The settlement covers only 4-Tec Series Sea-Doos purchased in California. BRP chose not to include all affected boats nationwide. If you purchased one of the models in another state, I suggest you voice your complaint to Sea-Doo at the following address:
    http://www.sea-doo.com/about-us/contact-us.aspx
    Or call them at: 715-848-4957
    Encourage others to demand a similar settlement for ALL of its loyal customers.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

now is this only for original owners or any owner of the boats those years purchased in cali?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2008 GTX 215 Wake 2007 GTX 215
    Thumbs Up

Beware any 2008 Wake owners....my supercharger failed 2 weeks ago due to the ceramic washers. The bearings went into the engine and cracked the block and it was less than 1 month OUT of warranty!

The factory has agreed to give me a new engine but wants me to pay the $2k in labor which I am planning on fighting. Although the settlement only goes through 2007, I would contact them if I had a 2008 to see if they will replace old superchargers with the new ones with titanium washers.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    '00 Polaris Genesis '96 XP800 '02 Islandia 240 EFI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160 Given: 0

The washers are a known issue, and if you own a 2008 and earlier seadoo... they need changed immediately !!!!!

Now... for the guys who what to move that lawsuit to the other states, and/or other models... the precedence has been set, and they lost. A new lawsuit will move though easy based off that judgement.
    Tony
    Prez, A&L Motorsports, LLC
    PM or post for help. Don't leave questions in my profile box. (i never check it)

I'm not going to be able to do vinyl or carbs for a while. Starting my new job is taking a lot of time

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information