fuses are good

need specific instuctions to test stator without removing

thanks in advance

cat-man
    degnanandbateman@verizon.net

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

The test to check the stator is kinds detailedand you need a specialplug to do the test. Do you hava a seadoo shop manual? If not here is a idea for you.
    You could join as a "premium member". As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and privet use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too. Premium members get priority when it comes to getting quick detailed answers.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default 1995 spi stator problems

First you need to get the wiring schematic (so you can see which wires to check coming from the stator(usually the red and black wires) and resistance (ohm) specs. for your generating coil and ignition coil, from the repair manual if you can find anyone who has one or can or will give you that ifno.
    Or do as Karl recommended by becoming a primium member and then you can download the info. from there. I couldn't get anyone to answer any of my questions on this forum myself. Had to figure it out for myself. The generating coil had way too much resistance. It can be ordered from your Seado dealer.
    First you should check all your switches and wires and conections in the circuit for your ignition system. Then
    what you need to do is open up the electrical box with the ignition coil and ignition control unit (MPEM) is what it is called on some units, to get to the wires coming from the stator to check the resistances.
    Good Luck

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

The biggest problem of testing the stator as seadoo recommends, is kinda time consuming by rewriting all the information to perform the test. For the price of the $10.95 you can print off the information rather have me spend like an hour to explain it in print. The moderators don't get paid anything to help out members as it is all volunteer on our own time. I alone reply to between 50 to 100 threads a day concerning problems. The price of the manual is cheap compared to what the seadoo dealers get. I paid $85.00 to my local dealer for a paper copy of a manual for my 2008 200 speedster. It was too new for the seadoo forum to have on file.

Karl

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information