Battery Tender Jr. Question - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2005 RXP 1997 GTX
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1 Given: 0

Default Battery Tender Jr. Question

I read on the internet that charging a PWC battery while it is hooked up in the PWC can fry the electrical system (Sea-Doo specifically). I bought a 1997 GTX that had a Battery Tender Jr. installed to the battery in the PWC, but it had never been used (battery was new). I have read in other posts of people recommending keeping a Battery Tender Jr. on the battery at all times you aren't actually on the water.

Here is the question - since the Battery Tender Jr. is only a 750milliamp trickle charger, is it okay to use while the battery is hooked up in the GTX?

It's not worth frying my electronics, so I wanted to see if anyone was using one before I plugged it in.

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Banned
    Watercrafts
    99' Seadoo Speedster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

I have one installed on my boat, but i also have a on/off switch from battery cable to MPEM.
    Get tired of tak'n battery out to charge, but didn't want juice goin anywhere else but the battery

0 Not allowed!

4. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #3
    Watercrafts
    2005 RXP 1997 GTX
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1 Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
    I have one installed on my boat, but i also have a on/off switch from battery cable to MPEM.
    Get tired of tak'n battery out to charge, but didn't want juice goin anywhere else but the battery

Thanks. If you get the chance, could you post a photo of your switch in-line?

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Watercrafts
    99' Seadoo Speedster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

Battery on/off switch....HARBOR FREIGHT, buddy..$4.00bones. Everybody else wants 20 buks for same.
    Harbors website, under search, battery switch, on/off...etc, has RED T-handle key...
    Cant figure out how download pics yet to computer...

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Battery tender....

The battery tender can be left connected. It will not harm your mpem. A tender is designed to only supply the battery with power "removed" from it during use. If the battery needs no additional power, it will not give it any.

A battery is always discharging. So, keeping a tender is like keeping a new battery.

BTW, you DO have a 5 amp fuse at the mpem to save it should there be an unknow surge.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2009 Sea-Doo GTI 130
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

it's getting to be that time of the year. I'm thinking I'll probably have to take the battery out of the sea-doo since I only have a covered car port to keep the sea-doo under and I don't like the idea of a power cord sitting out there all winter. If I get the battery tender junior, I can just set the battery on some wood or something on the concrete in the shed and let it do its thing there till im ready to take the ski out again?

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information